Superman: Brainiac Attacks is a 2006 animated movie, created to tie in to the release of Superman Returns. Though it reused models and (some) actors from the DC Animated Universe, it was not intended as a part of it.
Appearing in "Superman: Brainiac Attacks"
- Metropolis Police Department
- Ron Troupe (Cameo)
- Senator Marquez
- Mister Mxyzptlk (Mentioned only)
- Phantom Zone
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Superman: Brainiac Attacks"
Embittered by Superman's heroic successes and soaring popularity, Lex Luthor forms a dangerous alliance with the powerful computer/villain Brainiac. Using advanced weaponry and a special strain of Kryptonite harvested from the far reaches of outer space, Luthor specifically redesigns Brainiac to defeat the Man of Steel.
- Tim Daly as Superman / Clark Kent
- Powers Boothe as Lex Luthor
- Dana Delany as Lois Lane
- Lance Henriksen as Brainiac
- George Dzundza as Perry White
- David Kaufman as Jimmy Olsen
- Mike Farrell as Jonathan Kent
- Shelley Fabares as Martha Kent
- Tara Strong as Mercy Graves
Additional Voices By
- The film was directed by Curt Geda, who directed several episodes of Superman: The Animated Series. The classic style was desired by Warner Home Video, with Curt Geda adding more humor and romance than previously explored in the animated series. Despite the film's visual style being the same as Superman: The Animated Series (as are the majority of its returning voice cast), writer Duane Capizzi has stated the film was not intended to be in continuity with the DC Animated Universe.
- Notably, this depiction of Lex Luthor, rather than being the cold, calculating industrialist portrayed in Superman: The Animated Series, seems to incorporate elements of Gene Hackman's less serious portrayals of the character in live-action movies, making Luthor more light-hearted and darkly whimsical, going as far as to make jokes about the situations around him.
- Characters from Superman: Brainiac Attacks
- Other things related to Superman: Brainiac Attacks
- Movie Gallery: Superman: Brainiac Attacks
Links and References
- Superman: Brainiac Attacks at Wikipedia.org
- Superman: Brainiac Attacks at the DC Animated Universe Wiki