"The Truth: Part Two": The story opens with an old residential building in Coast City that starts to collapse. Clark and Jon Kent immediately fly in and catch the building. Jon X-Rays the building and sees 472 people still inside. Clark tells him to save everyone he can while he holds the bu
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Synopsis for "The Truth: Part Two"
The story opens with an old residential building in Coast City that starts to collapse. Clark and Jon Kent immediately fly in and catch the building. Jon X-Rays the building and sees 472 people still inside. Clark tells him to save everyone he can while he holds the building up. Jon saves both people and their pets on every floor when he realizes he only has 4 seconds left before the building itself structurally collapses, despite his father holding the building from the outside. Using his super speed, Jon manages to save everyone and allows his father to let the building go. Upon surveying ground zero, they find a woman called Faultline with amnesia in regards to her earthquake style powers, unknowingly high density body weight comparable to a neutron star, and as to how she got there in the first place.
Clark and Jon bring her to Metropolis STAR Labs where they place Faultline in a zero gravity chamber to examine her. Clark explains how he believes that Faultine's powers can be remotely activated at will, but by whom is uncertain. Jon receives an urgent text message from his college friend Jay and flies away.
Jon finds Jay at a protest rally to prevent the Gamorran refugees from issue 2 from being deported back to their home country at the request of their President, Henry Bendix. The police deem the protest an unlawful assembly and arrest Jon along with a multitude of others. Jon allows the police to handcuff him as he is sent to a nearby jail. Jon states to the news that this was a political statement, and that the refugees should be welcomed seeing as his father was a refugee from Krypton and sought Earth for asylum years ago as an infant.
Clark and Jay later bail Jon out and fly away to the Smallville farm where they are welcomed to dinner. Upon Jon and Jay entering, the family seems somber, as Clark has explained he must leave for Warworld to save the planet from Mongul and the slaves that inhabit it. Jon and Clark embrace in a tearful goodbye and Clark flies into deep space.
Later, Henry Bendix captures Faultline and drops her from a small plane, activating her powers upon falling. She is dropped directly onto the Smallville farm, causing a massive explosion that decimates the farm.
Appearing in "The Truth: Part Two"
- Jay Nakamura (Apparent Death)
- Jonathan Kent (Apparent Death)
- Lois Lane
- Martha Kent (Apparent Death)
- Superman (Clark Kent)
- Cat Grant
- Faultline (First appearance) (Apparent Death)
- Intergang (Mentioned only)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Lara Lor-Van (Mentioned only)
- Lex Luthor (Mentioned only)
- Unnamed metahuman (Mentioned only)
- Earth 0
- Legion's Future (Mentioned only)
- Kryptonian Rocket (Mentioned only)
- This story mentions Superman's decision to leave Earth in order to fight Mongul on the Warworld which was shown in Action Comics #1035.
- The scene where Superman flies away with Lois Lane mirrors the same scene from the final pages of that chapter.
- Jon Kent mentioning that Superman disappeared from history after going to fight Mongul is a reference to the possible future shown in Future State where the Man of Tomorrow never came back to Earth.
- The 'Infantino' palace is named after the famous DC writer, Carmine Infantino.