- Strange visitors from another planet have arrived... again.
Synopsis for "The Coming of the Superman"
Lois Lane reports from the WGBS News channel that Parademons led by Kalibak, son of Darkseid, are attacking LexCorp. Both ordinary cops and Lex Luthor's own private army are quickly outmatched. At the same time a Kryptonian spacecraft crashlands into an Iowa farmland. Its three occupants, Kryptonians dressed in outfits similar to Superman's, fly to Metropolis and engage the Parademons.
Meanwhile, Superman is in the Middle East, protecting a family of refugees from missile strikes. Just as he saves a boy named Rafi and his dog Isa, a winged creature appears before them. This "messenger" says he is not here to fight, but Superman goes on the offensive; so the messenger briefly stops time around Superman and talks to Rafi, saying he is to be put under Superman's care. As Superman comes to his senses, the messenger asks him to take care of Rafi. Reluctantly, Superman agrees and the messenger tells him to return to Metropolis, for an important event will occur there.
Clark returns to the Daily Planet, taking Rafi and Isa as visitors. As the boy quickly befriends Jimmy Olsen, Clark watches Lois report the news about the Kryptonian newcomers and the Parademon attack. Superman quickly enters the fight, wondering why is Kalibak suddenly interested in LexCorp. Lex refuses to answer Superman's questions, and Superman quickly defeats the Parademons, forcing them and Kalibak to retreat through a boom tube.
The new Kryptonian heroes are amazed by Superman's efforts, but Superman spots the messenger, who has come to take Superman to the time of ancient Egypt. There, they watch hundreds of workers constructing a sphinx in the image of their ruler: Darkseid. Superman is confused as to why Darkseid is ruler of Egypt, but the messenger replies that is not Darkseid, but his progenitor. Superman wants more information, but the messenger says this is a mystery Superman must solve on his own. Should he fail, he will lose everything.
Appearing in "The Coming of the Superman"
- Superman (First appearance)
- El (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Lois Lane (First appearance)
- Rafi (First appearance)
- Supermen (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Darkseid (On a TV or computer screen)
- Isa (First appearance)
- Jake (Single appearance)
- Jamila (Single appearance)
- Janey (Single appearance)
- Jimmy Olsen (First appearance)
- LexCorp (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (First appearance)
- Metropolis Police Department (First appearance)
- Supergirl (Mentioned only)
- Superman Robots (Mentioned only)
- Earth (First appearance)
- Asia (First appearance)
- Middle East (First appearance)
- Egypt (First appearance)
- United States of America (First appearance)
- Asia (First appearance)
- Apokolips (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
- Phantom Zone (Mentioned only)
- Cover gallery for the Superman: The Coming of the Supermen series
- Images from Superman: The Coming of the Supermen Vol 1 1