"Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave": Panic in the Sky: Having commandeered Brainiac's head ship, the free heroes of Earth rebel and attack Warworld. There are still dozens of heroes however who are still under Brainiac's
Superman: The Man of Steel #10 is an issue of the series Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1) with a cover date of April, 1992.
Synopsis for "Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave"
Panic in the Sky: Having commandeered Brainiac's head ship, the free heroes of Earth rebel and attack Warworld. There are still dozens of heroes however who are still under Brainiac's mental domination. They all turn their attention on Superman and attack him en masse.
Brainiac, seeing that the heroes may gain a foothold, activates an Anti-Matter Doomsday weapon to wipe them all out. Draaga uses his own body to barricade the weapon's aperture, thus sacrificing himself to save the others. Superman instructs Kilowog and Guy Gardner to blast a hole through Warworld so they can dispel the weapon as far away as possible. In honor of Draaga's memory, Supergirl decides to assume his form.
Maxima meanwhile, realizes that the only reason she has been serving Brainiac is because he threatened her home world of Almerac. There's no guarantee however that Brainiac won't destroy Alermac anyway and she turns against him and sides with the heroes.
Appearing in "Panic in the Sky! Fifth Strike: Tidal Wave"
- Agent Liberty
- Blue Beetle
- Booster Gold
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Fate
- Elongated Man
- Guy Gardner
- Infinity Man
- Rocket Red
- Rose & Thorn
- Wonder Woman
- Metal Men
- New Gods
- The Overseer
- Agent Liberty's Armor
- Guardian's Shield
- Green Lantern Ring
- Mother Box
- Helmet of Fate
- Rocket Red Armor
- Anti-Matter Engine (Single appearance)
- This issue is a "Panic in the Sky" crossover.
- This issue is triangle number 13/1992.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Panic in the Sky! trade paperback.
- The cover to this issue is an homage to the original cover to Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 by George Pérez.
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
Panic in the Sky!" storyline that ran through alternating Superman titles in 1992. "Panic in the Sky!" involved the return of Brainiac who seized control of Warworld and used it to take punitive action against the planet Earth.
Action Comics #675