"A Rift in Reality": Superman and members of the Blood Syndicate cross the Hobsneck Bridge in order to see if Paris Island and the other world is still on the other side. It isn't! Superman has a hunch and decides to check underwater, and unfortunately he finds the remains of what was Paris Isla
Appearing in "A Rift in Reality"
- Blood Syndicate
Synopsis for "A Rift in Reality"
Superman and members of the Blood Syndicate cross the Hobsneck Bridge in order to see if Paris Island and the other world is still on the other side. It isn't! Superman has a hunch and decides to check underwater, and unfortunately he finds the remains of what was Paris Island and its citizens.
Back at the Daily Planet Perry White, Lois Lane and Franklin Stern discuss the future of the newspaper amid the destruction of Metropolis. Perry convinces Mr. Stern to not suspend the paper as they have to continue to inform people of what is going on.
As Superman emerges from the water, he encounters the creature responsible for the destruction Paris Island, Rift! Rift is confused about what is real and what isn't and believes that he has created Superman and both Metropolis and Dakota. He attacks Superman.
Lois is walking towards a ferry to get back to Metropolis with Jimmy Olsen and Ron Troupe. An old friend of hers arrives and mentions that he and his band are going to be holding a benefit concert to help the homeless in Metropolis.
In Dakota, with the tidal wave still frozen in time, Superboy, Static and Rocket blast out of the tombstone that Rift had placed them in. They then free Icon from his stasis field. Rift then grabs Icon and brings him over to the Metropolis side, and commands him and Superman to fight for his enjoyment.
In a dimensional pocket universe between both worlds, Hardware and Steel continue their work on a trap for Rift. They declare that if they are successful, they will not allow Hazard nor Edwin Alva to possess Rift's power.
Superman and Icon fight, trying to draw Rift away from Metropolis. Rift suspects their ruse and plucks Lois from the ferry. Superman and Icon turn their attention to Rift causing him to drop Lois. Icon catches her, while Superman is able to reason with Rift and convince him that both worlds are real. Rift doesn't care as he is all-powerful and pulls both heroes back to Dakota.
- Superman navigation number 1994/29.
- This issue is Part 10 of the "Worlds Collide" storyline, an inter-company crossover between the mainstream DC Universe and the "Dakotaverse" reality published by Milestone Media.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 36 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: The Man of Steel series
- Images from Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 36
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Milestone Media Recommended Reading
- Blood Syndicate (Volume 1)
- Deathwish (Volume 1)
- Heroes (Volume 1)
- Hardware (Volume 1)
- Icon (Volume 1)
- Kobalt (Volume 1)
- Long Hot Summer (Volume 1)
- Milestone Forever (Volume 1)
- Milestone Returns #0
- My Name is Holocaust (Volume 1)
- Shadow Cabinet (Volume 1)
- Static (Volume 1)
- Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool (Volume 1)
- Wise Son: The White Wolf (Volume 1)
- Xombi (Volume 1)
- "Shadow War"
- "Long Hot Summer"
- "Worlds Collide"
Links and References
Action Comics #701: 1994/28
Superman (volume 2) #92: 1994/30