"Bridge the Past and Future": John Henry irons and Natasha are unpacking equipment for John Henry's contracting business in an old mill. While Natasha complains to her uncle they hear a knock from the roof. Superman descends, carrying a large hunk of iron which he discovered in space. After Supe
Appearing in "Bridge the Past and Future"
- The Eradicator Program
- Leviathan Armor System
Synopsis for "Bridge the Past and Future"
John Henry irons and Natasha are unpacking equipment for John Henry's contracting business in an old mill. While Natasha complains to her uncle they hear a knock from the roof. Superman descends, carrying a large hunk of iron which he discovered in space. After Superman leaves, John Henry is alerted to strange ion field fluctuations.
Elsewhere, the Eradicator plummets from the sky, reliving painful past memories. He zooms through Metropolis, heading towards Stryker's Island with one agenda: "Those that would do harm to Kryptonian, human or other must be eradicated!" He bursts through the wall of the prison and destroying everything in his path, in an attempt to kill the inmates.
Hovering above Stryker's Island are the SCU, getting ready to try Steel's Leviathan Armor System for the first time. They jump from the craft along with Steel, down to the prison. Steel heads straight for the Eradicator. With a swing of his hammer, he knocks the Eradicator off guard. But, Steel is still no match, as all of his attacks are blocked. Superman finally intervenes and they confront each other high above the prison. Superman can't understand what suddenly caused the Eradicator to lose control, but they soon engage in battle.
Superman knocks the Eradicator far away from Styker's and towards a nearby bridge. Superman looks around for any signs when the Eradicator bursts from the water and crashes through the bridge. The damage causes a car to plummet into the water but a child in the car is saved by the Eradicator. The sight of the girl almost dying because of something he caused triggers him to calm his rage. The Eradicator and Superman both repair the bridge and the Eradicator flies away before his rage can resurface.
Back on Stryker's Island, the Leviathan armor system worked like a charm and the prison warden even offered Steel a job. in the end, Steel reflects on the events.
- This entire issue is a flashback to December 31st, told by John Henry Irons sometime after the new year.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 97 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: The Man of Steel series
- Images from Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 97
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)