"Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 5: The Thousand Deaths of Lois Lane": This story is reprinted from Superman Giant #7.
- 1 Appearing in "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 5: The Thousand Deaths of Lois Lane"
- 2 Synopsis for "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 5: The Thousand Deaths of Lois Lane"
- 3 Appearing in "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 6: Just a Little Farther!"
- 4 Synopsis for "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 6: Just a Little Farther!"
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See Also
- 8 Recommended Reading
- 9 Links and References
Appearing in "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 5: The Thousand Deaths of Lois Lane"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- Lois Lane (In dream sequence only)
- General Zod (In dream sequence only)
- The Joker (In dream sequence only)
- Lex Luthor (In dream sequence only)
- Toyman (Toy) (In dream sequence only)
- Alice (Mentioned only)
- Ma Kent (Mentioned only)
- Pa Kent (Mentioned only)
- Perry White (Mentioned only)
- Jimmy Olsen (In dream sequence only)
- Jimmy Olsen's Signal Watch (In dream sequence only)
Synopsis for "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 5: The Thousand Deaths of Lois Lane"
This story is reprinted from Superman Giant #7.
Superman worries about Lois dying in horrendous ways while waiting for his call to connect. He first dreams of her getting shot in the head by Luthor after she refuses to beg for mercy. Then he dreams of her plane crashing while Jimmy using his signal watch to call him. Superman comes up to the window and tells the operator about his call already having been placed according to a previous operator, but not being responded to. The current operator however keeps asking him his name and he responds it's Superman.
Clark then dreams of Joker killing Lois while she calls out to him to save her. He starts getting angry and states he'll throw the planet into a black hole if he doesn't hear about his call being connected. He then again dreams of Lois being killed, this time by a rigged toy from Toyman. As Superman wonders why Lois isn't answering, the Dominator besides him reassures that maybe his call might not have connected due to such a large distance, telling him how his wife didn't receive his message for three years. This only worries Clark more.
After dreaming various ways in which Lois is killed. Clark however hears his name and after a lot of back and forth with the operator, finally is able to talk with Lois. As he is told about his booth, Clark again daydreams, this time Lois falling out of a helicopter. Lois apologizes for not picking up his call earlier, stating Perry had made her work on an article before the deadline and hopes he isn't worried about her safety. Clark reluctantly responds in the negative, saying he knows she can take care of herself. Lois tells him she does worry about him and it can get heard, telling to quickly find Alice. He responds that he's trying but she gets called away by Perry to cover a robbery, forcing her to hang up the call and leaving a despondent Clark to state he misses her too.
Appearing in "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 6: Just a Little Farther!"
- Superman (Flashback and main story)
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
- Kryptonian Rocket (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Superman: Up in the Sky, Part 6: Just a Little Farther!"
This story is reprinted from Superman Giant #8.
Sgt. Rock regrets rescuing the unconscious Superman while trying to take St. Ruth's church, but states to himself what's done is done. As he wakes him up and asks him about him his name, Clark can't remember it and only knows that he's from Kansas. After covering him up in a soldier's uniform, the two get caught in an artillery bombardment and are forced to hide in a foxhole. The next day a German grenade lands near them, but Rock throws it back in time.
After accounting for their dead, Rock told Easy Company soldiers that they're probably going to die and if they run away, someone else will be sent to fight in their place. They decide that the best option is to take the church and Rock offers a handgun to Clark, who despite his amnesia refuses but states he will accompany them. Rock figures there are 400 German soldiers protecting the church who'll pour heavy fire at them.
As Easy charges, a shell lands near Clark and Rock but the latter saves them both just in time. Clark discovers that Rock has been wounded from shrapnel and states he shouldn't go on. Rock however ignores his advice and states that they've been told this before, but as always they kept going further. As a bomb lands near them, Clark decides to throw it back but it explodes in his hand. His memory however returns and he helps Easy in taking the church.
Clark tells Rock how he landed back in time after looking for a girl named Alice, how he came from Krypton and became the protector of Earth. Rock however initially found it unbelievable, but learnt from him that he had read the stories about the war fought by the Allies which also sounded outlandish to him. This causes Rock to believe in him and he bids him goodbye as he leaves, while also crediting him for saving him and his men.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Superman: Up in the Sky Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman: Up in the Sky series
- Images from Superman: Up in the Sky Vol 1 3
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)