Appearing in "(Almost) The World's Finest Team"
- United States of America
Synopsis for "(Almost) The World's Finest Team"
Superman interrogates a real estate agent to find out where the Mad Hatter is, but it proves to be futile. At that point, Batgirl realizes they didn't check the one place they would never think to look: GCPD Headquarters.
Inside, the Mad Hatter orders a mind-controlled Robin to distract Superman by firing missiles at Gotham. Meanwhile, Batgirl manages to knock the Hatter's hat off, forcing him to flee into the sewers. Superman draws him out by offering him Batman's cowl, which the Hatter starts caressing.
Later, Batman thanks Superman and acknowledges that his presence does good for the city.
- This issue employs a well-known plot device in which the alter ego of a superhero is (accidentally) kidnapped.
- Superman refers to the time he first met Batman, in the Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: World's Finest, Part I, as well as the time he impersonated Batman, in the Superman (1996 TV Series) Episode: Knight Time.
- Collected in Superman Adventures: The Never-Ending Battle.
- No trivia.
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- The Batman and Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)