"Never Play With the Toyman's Toys!": In a jewelry store, a Toyman doll is delivered to the owner, who is baffled as to who sent him it. Just then, the doll jumps out and sprays a poison gas gun, and robotic monkeys start robbing the store. [[Kal-El (DCAU)|Superman
- Someone else is playing with MY TOYS!
- — Toyman
Synopsis for "Never Play With the Toyman's Toys!"
In a jewelry store, a Toyman doll is delivered to the owner, who is baffled as to who sent him it. Just then, the doll jumps out and sprays a poison gas gun, and robotic monkeys start robbing the store. Superman arrives and blows the gas into space, but Toyman gets away.
At Stryker's Island Penitentiary, Lois and Clark check up on Toyman, who is still in solitary confinement and insists that he is being framed. Clark reveals that Metropolis has suffered a crime wave very recently, involving Toyman's modus operandi. Lois then informs him that Bruno Manheim's old gang has regrouped under his younger brother, Vito.
On a boat at sea, Vito is counting his money from the robberies, which was the idea of Curly, Toyman's former henchman.
Later, a toy duck carrying a bomb explodes at Stryker's Island and Toyman escapes. Superman notices an army of toy soldiers preparing to shoot Vito's henchmen and quickly disposes of them, learning that Toyman kidnapped Vito and sent him a doll. Superman pulls a cord, activating a prerecorded message and summoning a mechanical sea dragon that starts attacking him.
Meanwhile, at Toyman's secret lair, he is preparing to run Vito over with a train. Toyman reveals that Curly is just another toy, one he used as bait to flush out Vito and get his long-awaited revenge against the Mannheim family for betraying his father and shattering his life.
Back on the water, Superman figures out that the dragon is programmed to target only Superman, so he dresses up as Clark Kent and destroys the robot.
As the locomotive is about to hit Vito, Superman stops it just in time. Toyman orders his killer toys to attack, but Superman burns his remote control. Amused by the situation, Toyman laughs, because now he has Vito to keep him company in jail. In his cell, Toyman sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" as an annoyed Vito tries to sleep.
Appearing in "Never Play With the Toyman's Toys!"
- Collected in Superman Adventures: The Man of Steel.
- Clark refers to the time when Toyman tried to kill Bruno Manheim in the Superman: The Animated Series episode "Fun and Games".
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- The Batman and Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)