"Magic Wand": A former dancer named Wendy Chaucer tends with the toils of a single, domestic life as she is further challenged by the physical limitations of a broken leg. She is about to take her dog out for a walk when a disturbing man from her past arrives at her door. Fleeing from him, with
Superman Adventures #63 is an issue of the series Superman Adventures (Volume 1) with a cover date of January, 2002. It was published on November 7, 2001.
Appearing in "Magic Wand"
- Wendy Chaucer
- Edward McConathy
- Experimental lightning rod
Synopsis for "Magic Wand"
A former dancer named Wendy Chaucer tends with the toils of a single, domestic life as she is further challenged by the physical limitations of a broken leg. She is about to take her dog out for a walk when a disturbing man from her past arrives at her door. Fleeing from him, with great difficulty, she eventually comes across a glimmering pole that resembles a walking stick.
Moments before, Superman had engaged in a battle against several hijackers attempting to steal government equipment. The "wand" was one of these items and was lost during the ensuing combat. Promising to return the wand, especially after learning of its potential power, Superman sets off on a search.
Taking the wand from a dumpster, Wendy immediately feels its intensity. At once, she is crackling with energy and realizes that she can now fly. Soaring away from her stalker, Wendy comes across a group of muggers and sends out an electrical blast in their direction, which hits the building behind them and sets it on fire. Overcome by the destruction she has caused, she begins to cry, but becomes strong again once she realizes that her stalker has caught up with her. With the powerful wand in her hand, she warns him against approaching but hesitates in striking at him. The man snatches the powerful weapon away from her when Superman shows up, puts out the fire, and demands the return of the wand.
Instead, the stalker strikes at Superman with the wand, blasting the Man of Steel backwards. Superman slams his fist into the ground, however, causing a tremor in the earth that knocks the man down and causes him to lose hold of the weapon. Wendy, however, regains the wand and prepares to wipe the villain's existence off the Earth once again. Superman convinces her against such an action and she eventually complies, handing the weapon over just as it self-destructs.
Superman deals with her stalker and the disappointed military while Wendy hobbles home.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- The Batman and Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)