""Myriad"": Two alien parasites looking for humans to feed upon, "Gemir" and "Venev" happen upon a Metropolis junkyard. The parasites drain the spinal fluids of the local security guard, and Gemir even feeds on an old corpse he
- Sasha Green?! First me, then Superman and now her? Doesn't anybody in Metropolis stay dead?
Appearing in "Myriad"
- Sydney Happersen
- Muriel Rabinovitch (Single appearance)
- Wendall Williams (Only appearance; dies)
- Jillian Simmons (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Myriad"
Two alien parasites looking for humans to feed upon, "Gemir" and "Venev" happen upon a Metropolis junkyard. The parasites drain the spinal fluids of the local security guard, and Gemir even feeds on an old corpse he finds that had been dumped along with the garbage. Meanwhile, Cyborg Superman struggles to gain the trust of Commissioner Henderson, and attempts to do so by helping him track down the serial killers believed to be in Metropolis (the Parasites).
The corpse from the dump awakens, having had her metagene activated posthumously by the alien feeding. She is revealed to be "Sasha Green", former Martial Arts instructor to Lex Luthor whom he had murdered for 'showing him up'. Sasha suffers complete amnesia, having just been resurrected, and wanders vaguely to a health club. When an old woman touches her shoulder, she finds herself with all of her memories and personality traits. Later, driving away from the club, she also touches a punkish youth dying from a gunshot wound, and gains all of his traits and memories as well.
Having investigated the murder scene at the Dump, Cyborg Superman brings his findings to the (believed good) Lex Luthor, asking him for his help as well, attempting to understand what happened to Sasha Green in her final hours before she was (apparently) murdered by the Aliens. Henderson joins them.
All are surprised when Green simply wanders up to the Lexcorp Tower of her own accord. Although Luthor attempts to silence her, claiming the gun still in her hand as an excuse, Cyborg Superman averts the shots, and they hook her up to the Lexcorp laboratories.
Still attempting to kill Sasha, so that she never wakes up and is able to identify him as her killer, Luthor starts an explosion elsewhere in his industries as a diversion to call Superman away. Meanwhile, he instructs one of his assassins, "Jillian Simmons" to take Sasha off and kill her, claiming that she escaped of her own accord. Simmons makes physical contact with Green, and Green absorbs her personality. Having brief control over her in that point as they are linked, Sasha Green instructs Jillian Simmons to kill herself, which she does, and the Helicopter crashes. Sasha alone survives the wreckage, and with the traits of a master assassin now dominantly in her system as well, she wanders off to continue pursuing the career of Jillian Simmons. It appears that the only name that can consistently stick to her is "Myriad", as her existence contains a myriad of personalities.
- Each of the Bloodlines annuals for 1993 introduces a new super-hero character. This issue introduces the character "Myriad".
- Sasha Green was originally murdered by Lex Luthor in Superman (Volume 2) #77.
- Superman does not actually appear in this issue. As he was at this point still dead at the hands of Doomsday after the events of "The Death of Superman", in this issue Cyborg Superman is filling in for him, one of the four eponymous heroes of the "Reign of the Supermen!" storyline.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Reign of the Supermen trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Superman Annual Vol 2 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman Annual series
- Images from Superman Annual Vol 2 5
- Reign of the Supermen!
- Bloodlines Spin-offs
Links and References
|Bloodlines Crossover |
The events from this issue are related to Bloodlines, during which an alien race of Parasites invaded Earth and inadvertently activated the metagene in a number of individuals, creating many "New Blood" superheroes in their attempts to feed on human spinal fluid. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Bloodlines Crossovers category.