The three elemental aliens head to Earth to find the Kryptonians, who are, at the moment, in the middle of "school" at the Fortress of Solitude, including History and Geography with Superman, Poetry with Jor-El, Phys-Ed with Zod and a "life lesson" from the Unknown Superman from the Future Future. T
Synopsis for the 1st Story
The three elemental aliens head to Earth to find the Kryptonians, who are, at the moment, in the middle of "school" at the Fortress of Solitude, including History and Geography with Superman, Poetry with Jor-El, Phys-Ed with Zod and a "life lesson" from the Unknown Superman from the Future Future. They are then interrupted by a small bug, featuring the same symbol present on Lex's armor. After Superman tells the kids they can keep it, the bug speaks to them in Kryptonian and flies off. The Family gives chase and stumble upon the El space station, which the Superman Family did not know existed. Inside, they see video footage of Jor-El and Lara putting young Kal-El in his spacecraft. The video reveals it was Brainiac who destroyed Krypton.
The elemental aliens arrive, introducing themselves as emissaries of Brainiac. A confrontation starts, and the heroes have trouble: the fire alien is immune to heat vision, the ice alien is immune to super-breath and the earth alien has super-strength and cannot be detected by X-ray vision. Meanwhile, Fuzzy is easily beaten by the robot bug, until Streaky intervenes and throws the bug into a wall.
Superboy and Supergirl are able to distract the aliens long enough for Superman to trap them inside the Phantom Zone, where General Zod starts a Phys-Ed class with them. At the same time, Krypto discovers additional footage showing Lara surviving Krypton's destruction by escaping into the Phantom Zone. Next, Superman uses the satellite's technology to repair the Family's damage outfits and bring his mother Lara back from the Phantom Zone. Time stands still in the Phantom Zone, so Lara is as young as she was when Krypton was destroyed. Superman happily welcomes his mother into the Family.
However, while the Superman Family celebrates, Brainiac arrives at the Fortress of Solitude.
Appearing in the 1st Story
- General Zod
- Jor-El (Flashback and main story)
- Lara (First appearance) (Flashback and main story) (First appearance)
- Unknown Superman (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Flashback only) (Destroyed)
- Kryptonopolis (Flashback only) (Destroyed)
- Phantom Zone
- Brainiac's Skull Ship (Flashback and main story)
- Streaky was seen using a helmet to survive while on Earth's Moon in Tiny Titans #21, but was shown in this issue to be capable of interstellar travel.
- The poem Jor-El reads is Trees.
- Cover gallery for the Superman Family Adventures series
- Images from Superman Family Adventures Vol 1 8