"The Cop Who Was Ruined": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
- I could smash into that air-raid shelter, but this method has more possibilities for comedy at Razkal's expense!
- — Superman
- 1 Synopsis for "The Cop Who Was Ruined"
- 2 Appearing in "The Cop Who Was Ruined"
- 3 Synopsis for "The Napkanese Saboteurs"
- 4 Appearing in "The Napkanese Saboteurs"
- 5 Synopsis for "The Oxnalian Revolution"
- 6 Appearing in "The Oxnalian Revolution"
- 7 Synopsis for "The Evolution King"
- 8 Appearing in "The Evolution King"
- 9 Notes
- 10 See Also
- 11 Links and References
Synopsis for "The Cop Who Was Ruined"
Appearing in "The Cop Who Was Ruined"
- Bill Talley
- his racketeers
- Bob Branigan, police sergeant
- Miss Reynolds, Talley's ex-wife (Dies)
Synopsis for "The Napkanese Saboteurs"
Napkanese agents attempt several ambitious sabotage projects, on two continents. Superman thwarts them.
Appearing in "The Napkanese Saboteurs"
- Hokopoko, Napkanese Ambassador to USA
- many agents
- Utsum, Napkanese Emissary to Equaru, South America (wears a monocle)
- Pro-Napkan Black Circle Society
- Hank Fox, Secretary of the Navy
- Daily Star office
- Navy Yard
- Napkanese Embassy
- South America
- Napkanese Embassy in Equaruian Capital
- Y-92, experimental U.S. battleship
- Sunyat, Napkanese passenger liner
Synopsis for "The Oxnalian Revolution"
Oxnalia invades Numark, so Superman invades Oxnalia. He easily overpowers the Oxnalian military, and destroys all of their vehicles and aircraft. When the Dictator Razkal tries to flee the scene, he is gunned down by one of his own troops. Superman then encourages the now-leaderless Oxnalian soldiers to seek peace with the Numarkians.
Appearing in "The Oxnalian Revolution"
- Razkal, Oxnalian Dictator (Dies)
- Oxnalian spies
- Oxnalian military
- Lord Murgot (Dies)
- his hirelings
- King Boris, of Numark
- Prince Michael, of Numark
- Lord Murgot's Airplane (Destroyed)
- fleet of Oxnalian bombers (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Evolution King"
Appearing in "The Evolution King"
- Joe Glower
- Evolution King (Dies)
- Phil Carter, famous athlete
- Tim, newsboy
- This issue is reprinted in The Superman Archives Vol. 4.
- "The Napkanese Saboteurs" is reprinted in Superman: From the 30's to the 70's.
- World War II on Earth-Two:
- In Earth-Two's version of the months leading up to WWII, the Axis Powers included: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Dukalia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Napkan, Nural, Oxnalia, Romania, Toran, Syronia,Twerpany, and others.
- Neutral nations of that same era included: Boravia, Kurtavia, Numark, Portugal, San Monte, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and others.
- After 1941-12, many of these countries drop from the scene.
- Oxnalia and its ruler Razkal are obvious stand-ins for Germany and Adolf Hitler. Since Fletcher Superman could operate in Japan but Earth-Two Superman could not and Perry White is referenced as an editor, "The Oxnalian Revolution" is likely an Earth-Two-A story.
- In the 1st story, Jimmy Olsen's last name is revealed for the first time.
- In the 2nd story, Panama is targeted for attack, for the (at least) 6th time, in a golden age DC comic.
- In the 3rd story, Superman uses the saying "Up, Up, and Away" for the first time.
- In the 4th story, Clark Kent tricks the Evolution King into using his own old age pills on himself, causing him to die of old age.
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.