"The Death of Lois Lane!": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in "The Death of Lois Lane!"
- Lex Luthor (Dies)
Synopsis for "The Death of Lois Lane!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Super-Luck of Badge 77"
Synopsis for "The Super-Luck of Badge 77"
This story is reprinted from Superman #133.
As his previous report on being a firefighter for a week proved to be popular, Perry White sends Clark Kent on another assignment: Spending a week being a police officer. The police chief gives Clark a uniform and badge number 77, a badge that was previously worn by a now retired police officer. When Clark is asked to get a homemade gun out of his safe, it goes off, and the bullet ricochets off him, instead of believing that Clark is really Superman, the chief attributes it to the fact that Badge #77 was the good luck charm of it's previous owner.
As Superman, Clark fixes the gun before resuming his guise of a temporary police officer. Clark then uses the badge to preform super feats and stop criminals, such as a mad bomber and a gang of thugs looking for revenge. When Lois tells Clark about some fur smugglers in town, the two find themselves locked in a freezer containing the stolen furs. Clark then uses Lois's diamond studded broach (with her initials on it) to cover up that he's using his finger nail to carve through a pane of unbreakable glass. After turning over his uniform at the end of his assignment, they all muse about how L.L. upside down could be interpreted a 77, and wonder if it's that lucky a number.
- This book was first published on December 15, 1966.
- The Death of Lois Lane! was originally published as an imaginary story, a story outside of regular continuity. In Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium, it was retconned as having happened on another Earth, .
- This imaginary story is a continuation of "The Brat of Steel!" from Superman #192.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 194 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
Links and References