Appearing in "Superman 2001!"
- General Kent Garrett (Dies)
- Unknown Country
Synopsis for "Superman 2001!"
Kal-El was born on the doomed planet Krypton. He was sent to Earth, where his rocket landed in the ocean and attracted the attention of both U.S. and Soviet military. However, a U.S. sailor, Lieutenant Thomas Clark, reached the rocket first and it was brought to the U.S.
Kal-El shocked the staff on the military base, when he emerged from the ship and displayed his powers. The general in charge, Kent Garrett, dubbed the lad "Skyboy" and had a costume made for him.
In the early 1990s, a third world power had emerged and plotted to start a war between the other two. Skyboy was able to prevent it, but seemingly at the cost of his own life and that of General Garrett. In truth, Skyboy had survived. He threw his costume into the ocean and assumed the alias "Clark Kent" (after the general and the sailor, who had claimed his ship for the U.S.), starting a career as a reporter.
At the dawn of the 21st century, the third world power once again plotted against the rest of the world. They had built an android called "Moka", who took credit for Skyboy's rescue of the world in the 90's and now demanded control of the world. Feeling he had no other option, Clark dove into the ocean and picked up his old costume. He confronted Moka and defeated him, before disappearing again and returned to his regular life as Clark Kent.
- Reprinted in The Best of DC #19 and Superman: Past and Future.
- Superman 2001! was originally published as an imaginary story, a story outside of regular continuity. In Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium, it was retconned as having happened on another Earth, .
- In 2006's Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths, it was revealed that this story is not imaginary, and actually happened -- on Earth-300.
- Superman uses the name Skyboy in his teens, the same name as his sidekick from another planet from World's Finest # 92
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 300 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 300