"The Man Who Would Be President!": Superman and Valdemar clean up some industrial polluters, political humorist Bucky Berns finds that he can predict future events in his column, and Superman endorses Berns for president.
- Enough of this! You have sent your filth across the world... destroying forests and streams as though they were the vermin-- --so that a tree must try to grow while breathing acid! Let there be an end to it! Now!
- — Valdemar
Appearing in "The Man Who Would Be President!"
- Perry White
- Alice White
- Lois Lane
- Lana Lang (On a TV or computer screen)
- Valdemar the Viking
- Mrs. Goldstein (Final appearance)
- Communist Party
- Compatriots (First appearance; unnamed)
- United States Government (In a photograph only)
- Metropolis Fire Department
- Citizens of Metropolis (Unnamed)
- Mom (Unnamed)
- Bucky Berns (First appearance)
- Daily Planet Employees (Unnamed)
- Farmers (Unnamed)
- Skagerrak (Final appearance)
- Vikings (Mentioned only)
- Metropolis Press Club
- Judge Medowar (Phone call only)
- Pulsifer Paper Company Plant Manager (Unnamed)
- Batchelder Bottling Company
- Two Security Guards (Unnamed)
- Mr. Batchelder (Mentioned only)
- Two Custer Point Employees (Unnamed)
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (Unnamed)
- United States of America
- Washington, D.C.
- Daily Planet newspaper
- Valdemar's Flaming Sword
- Compatriots' Satellite (In a photograph only)
- Actuality Device
- Mort Weisinger Bust
- Radioactive Core (Destroyed)
- Plutonium (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Would Be President!"
Superman and Valdemar clean up some industrial polluters, political humorist Bucky Berns finds that he can predict future events in his column, and Superman endorses Berns for president.
- Perry White said his wife Alice is 63 years old.
- Bucky Berns is the Earth-One version of the humorist columnist for the Washington Post Art Buchwald.
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 394 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 394