"Supergirl: Bride Of- -X?": Superman discovers an intruder, Salkor, an alien, in his Fortress, taking a round metal object from the Supergirl room. Superman learns that Salkor is really Supergirl's husband, whom she mar
Synopsis for "Supergirl: Bride Of- -X?"
Superman discovers an intruder, Salkor, an alien, in his Fortress, taking a round metal object from the Supergirl room. Superman learns that Salkor is really Supergirl's husband, whom she married while she was rendered amnesiac from a collision with a Kryptonite meteor. Salkor had called her "Jasma", and, while married to her, had fought side-by-side with her against the menacing invader, Naxx. The round object was a Hokku, a wedding day gift that recorded the thoughts of his beloved. Shortly after the fight with Naxx, Supergirl left Salkor without an explanation, and it has taken him two years to trail her to the Fortress of Solitude on Earth. When Naxx finds Salkor and Superman and attacks them both, seeking vengeance, the two heroes team up to destroy their robotic foe. Later, Superman and Salkor see and hear a holographic recording of Kara, who explains that she lost her memories of Salkor and their marriage when her original memories returned, only to regain them after her original encounter with Blackstarr. Since she mentions in the message that she will probably be dead by the time they hear the recording, Salkor and Superman realize she must have had a premonition of her own death. Superman and Salkor bid each other farewell, and Salkor leaves Earth.
Appearing in "Supergirl: Bride Of- -X?"
- Naxx (an Intergalactic Mercenary) (Flashback and main story) (Apparent Death) (Single appearance)
- Three Oil Freighter Crew Members (Unnamed)
- Captain (Single appearance)
- Ensign (Single appearance)
- Unknown (Single appearance)
- Makkorans (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Akors (Enemy Alien Race of the Makkorans) (Flashback only) (Mentioned only)
- Rao (Mentioned only)
- Blackstarr (Mentioned only) (from Supergirl (Volume 2) #13-15)
- Makkor (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Salkor's Residence (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Moon of Norta (Mentioned only)
- Hyper-Sonic Frequency
- Fortress of Solitude Key
- Supergirl (Statue only)
- Supergirl Memorabilia
- Energy Barriers (Destroyed)
- Green Kryptonite (Flashback only) (Mentioned only)
- Annhilator Beam
- Hokku (It records one's inner most thoughts) (Flashback and main story) (Single appearance)
- Oil Freighter
- Salkor's Spacecraft
- Naxx's Spacecraft (Destroyed) (Flashback only)
- Naxx's Exoskeleton (Destroyed)
- Reprinted in Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion: Deluxe Edition Vol. 3.
- Supergirl was called Jasma by Salkor.
- Letters to the editor concerning Superman #411 from Ray Bradbury, Robert Bloch, James Gunn, Jack Williamson, Alfred Bester, William Rotsler, Frederik Pohl, Mike Friedrich, Carol Kalish, Richard Howell and William Woolfolk.
Links and References
Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover