"The Coming of Atlas, Part 3 - All That's Red and Blue Falls Down": Superman continues his fight against Atlas in the streets of Metropolis. The two swap blow for blow, but Atlas does not seem to be getting any weaker. Superman, on the other hand, is quickly and od
- This one hurt man. Krypto loves man -- Krypto hurt this one. Man loves place. I protect place for man. Krypto good boy.
- -- Krypto
Appearing in "The Coming of Atlas, Part 3 - All That's Red and Blue Falls Down"
- Project 7734 (Behind the scenes)
- Lex Luthor (Hologram)
- Science Police
- Zatanna (Mentioned only)
- Flash (Mentioned only)
- Rao (Mentioned only)
- Justice League Satellite I (Mentioned only)
- Ireland (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Coming of Atlas, Part 3 - All That's Red and Blue Falls Down"
Superman continues his fight against Atlas in the streets of Metropolis. The two swap blow for blow, but Atlas does not seem to be getting any weaker. Superman, on the other hand, is quickly and oddly tiring himself out. Lois Lane watches the battle, mortified because their last talk was an argument.
At the Lexcorp Tower, Lana Lang is also watching the battle, feeling annoyed by her subordinate Barrington "alien" remarks. Since the Science Police has fallen she intends to use LexCorp's resources to help Superman. Before she can send a response squad, though, a Lex Luthor hologram appears, notifies that helping Superman in any way whatsoever is grounds for dismissal, and promptly fires her. Barrington smugly says she has five minutes to leave the building or she'll be shot on sight. Lana retorts she'll be gone... and he better is gone before then because she fired him due to his insulting remarks before she got herself fired.
Meanwhile, Supergirl perceives that her cousin is in trouble and flies off to help. When she reaches Atlas however, a mysterious beam of energy falls down from the sky and weakens her. Atlas mistakes her for an Amazon and is about to hit her when Superman throws him across the street. Superman tells Supergirl to leave the scene and get as far away as possible. Supergirl doesn't want to, but she immensely reluctantly flies off.
Atlas turns his attention back on Superman and pummels him to the ground. Atlas believes he has already gained when he hears a growl. Krypto has just arrived and he wants nothing but hurt the one who has hurt his owner.
- Cover is an homage to Fantastic Four Vol 1 249.
- Given that Supergirl is a honorary Amazon, Atlas is technically right when he calls her an "Amazon".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 679 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 679
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Superman at Supermanica
- Comic Box Commentary review
New Krypton Crossover