- I need answers, Lane! Now! Right now! You're alive! You are alive! And Ral-Dar knew you? What is going on here?
- — Superman
Appearing in "Codename: Patriot - Part 4"
- Agent Liberty (First appearance)
- Supergirl (On a TV or computer screen)
- Nightwing (On a TV or computer screen)
- Flamebird (On a TV or computer screen)
- Lois Lane
- Perry White
- Alura In-Ze (Phone call only)
Synopsis for "Codename: Patriot - Part 4"
Supergirl and Mon-El pursue Nightwing and Flamebird into the sewers. Supergirl warns they intend to bring Metropolis down by blowing up the sewers. All of sudden Nightwing and Flamebird ambush Mon-El, and Supergirl turns on Mon-El as well, screaming "For Krypton!"
General Lane, who is monitoring the scene, orders his men turn the cameras off and send out a team to trigger the explosives.
The sewers explode, rocking Metropolis.
Superman pursues Ral-Dar all the way to Markovia, where the United States President is meeting with the Markovia President. At the same time, Metropolis is in chaos, fed by Morgan Edge broadcasting a video where Supergirl punches Mon-El out. Lois Lane and Perry White argue the situation, agreeing that it's extremely suspicious.
Back on Markovia Superman stops Ral-Dar, only to be confronted by General Lane with members of Squad K and his own troops, with kryptonite infused weapons and Kryptonian battlesuits. Lane orders them to open fire, and the blasts knock Ral-Dar out. Superman is still alive and well, and demands answers, as Lane claims he came to protect the President of a Kryptonian assassination attempt which Superman took part in. Superman intends to talk to the President but is called away by Alura urgently.
Later, in the Project 7734 base, Lane is happy with his plan's success: it has allowed him to reveal himself to the public in a way makes him seem the hero his country needs to fight back the Kryptonian menace. He has also moved his center of operations to Mirabai's world of magic in exchange for helping her out.
Superman flies back to Krypton, carrying Ral-Dar and listening to Morgan Edge's warmongering against all Kryptonians, including him.
- This book was first published on August 26, 2009.
- Final issue of the Codename: Patriot crossover. Story continues from Supergirl (Volume 5) #44.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 1 691 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 1 691
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Superman at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic Box Commentary review.