"Alive": As Lois Lane tracks down another Superman appearance, still pining over not seeing Clark Kent reappearing after Jonathan Kent's claim of bringing his son back, S.T.A.R. Labs has a face-to-face encounter with a "Superman" asking for the body of Doomsday, which has been turned over to [[P
Appearing in "Alive"
Synopsis for "Alive"
As Lois Lane tracks down another Superman appearance, still pining over not seeing Clark Kent reappearing after Jonathan Kent's claim of bringing his son back, S.T.A.R. Labs has a face-to-face encounter with a "Superman" asking for the body of Doomsday, which has been turned over to Project Cadmus. Lois assumes Project Cadmus has taken Superman's body again and now drives over to where she thinks it is in Metropolis, when Project Cadmus deals with a mysterious intruder demanding the body of Doomsday, firing everything they have at it with no effect. They are aghast when they see that the intruder is "Superman" -- but now in the form of a cyborg. Using a combination of Kryptonian abilities and new cybernetic ones, Cyborg Superman finds where the body of Doomsday is stored and brings it out into space, tying it up with strong metal cables to an asteroid and sending it hurtling toward deep space. Cyborg Superman then appears unto Lois Lane, trying to convince her that he is truly Superman. She takes him to Professor Hamilton's lab where he uses his special chamber to scan him, and reports that half of him has Superman's DNA and half of him is composed of Kryptonian technology -- suggesting that somehow this is Superman come back to life. Meanwhile in deep space, Doomsday lets out a chilling laugh.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman omnibus, the Superman: The Return of Superman and the Superman: Reign of the Supermen trade paperbacks, and the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- The direct market edition of this issue features a die-cut enhanced cover.
- Superman navigation number 1993/14.
- Doomsday would be seen alive again in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 2 78 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
The events from this issue or series are related to The Death and Return of Superman, a retroactively named trilogy in which Superman is killed by the monster Doomsday. Later, four superheroes debut in Metropolis who claim or are assumed to be reincarnations of him—the Last Son of Krypton, the Man of Steel, the Man of Tomorrow, and Superboy. Meanwhile, Superman is brought back to life.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Death and Return of Superman Crossovers category.
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Adventures of Superman #501 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman #501 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Superman: The Man of Steel #22
Adventures of Superman #501