"A Moment Longer, Part 2: Hopes & Fears": Parallax, having seized control of Superman's body, confronts Sinestro over the skies of Metropolis. With Superman's Kryptonian power, Parallax thinks he can destroy Sinestro but he does not realize Sinestro has baited him into a trap. Sinestro uses his
- You don't seem to understand, Parallax. Maybe you can't, by nature of what you are. Being afraid is a part of being alive. Fear exists inside all of us. I can't deny there's a little piece of you in everything. But people will always find a way to surprise you. There's so much more than terror in our hearts. There's also joy. Love. And hope. A single shred of hope can hold all the fear in the universe at bay. And mine gives me the will to capture you.
- -- Superman
Appearing in "A Moment Longer, Part 2: Hopes & Fears"
- Jon Kent
- Lois Lane
- Justice League (In a vision)
- Teen Titans (In a vision)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Mentioned only)
- Mogo (Mentioned only)
- Sinestro Corps (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "A Moment Longer, Part 2: Hopes & Fears"
Parallax, having seized control of Superman's body, confronts Sinestro over the skies of Metropolis. With Superman's Kryptonian power, Parallax thinks he can destroy Sinestro but he does not realize Sinestro has baited him into a trap. Sinestro uses his ring to teleport them both to Qward, where the Weaponers incapacitate Parallax with their thunderbolts.
Much later, Superman is taken to the underground caves of Qward and chained to large yellow construct made by Sinestro, who attempts to extract Parallax from Superman's body by torturing Superman with visions of his worst fears. What Sinestro does not realize, however, is that Parallax has already escaped and possessed a Weaponer in an attempt strike Sinestro down from behind. Sinestro catches up to Parallax's ploy and attempts to kill the possessed Weaponer but Superman saves the victim with his heat vision while Parallax departs from the Weaponer's body and makes his way to Qward's surface, followed by Sinestro. Left alone in the caves, Superman tries to escape.
Up in the surface, the battle between Sinestro and Parallax has lasted hours; but Sinestro, still weakened from his fight with Hal Jordan, is left at the mercy of the fear entity. Superman, having escaped from the caves, takes Sinestro's ring and allows Parallax to swallow him whole. This is all part of Superman's plan, however, as he uses Sinestro's ring to trap Parallax inside.
The battle has come to end. As the Weaponers of Qward surround them, Sinestro demands that Superman return his ring but he is too weak to actually take him, so his second-in-command Lyssa Drak takes Sinestro and teleports away. Superman is aware that the Weaponers had been enslaved by Sinestro and tells them they have to stand up to their fear and to improve their own lives. He asks the Weaponer he previously saved from Sinestro to use his thunderbolt to take him home and the Weaponer accepts.
Later, Superman returns home and Lois tells him that the missing children have been safely returned to their families. As they watch Jon sleep, Superman expresses his relief at his family being safe.
- This book was first published on September 6, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 4 30 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 4 30