"The Unity Saga: The House of El, Part 5": The Phantom Zone. Yesterday. General Zod awakened at the feet of Rogol Zaar, the supposed destroyer of Krypton. Zod was anxious to continue the battle, but Zod Rogol advised him to wait until he is exposed to yellow sunlight, as he would only get hims
Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "The Unity Saga: The House of El, Part 5"
- Rogol Zaar (Flashback and main story)
- Trilium Collective
- Empress Gandelo (Mentioned only)
- Hawkgirl (Mentioned only)
- Hawkman (Mentioned only)
- Martha Kent (Mentioned only)
- Deep Space
- Phantom Zone (Flashback only)
- Earth (Mentioned only)
- Sweden (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The Unity Saga: The House of El, Part 5"
The Phantom Zone. Yesterday. General Zod awakened at the feet of Rogol Zaar, the supposed destroyer of Krypton. Zod was anxious to continue the battle, but Zod Rogol advised him to wait until he is exposed to yellow sunlight, as he would only get himself killed if he fought in his current state. Instead of fighting, Rogol offers him an alliance: they, alongside Jax-Ur, can fight together and get revenge on Jor-El for putting them in their hellish prison in the first place.
Now, in the depths of space, Superman and Superboy find themselves in the middle of a huge battle, struggle to make sense of what's going on. Superman can barely hear his son say that this was not how he left things. At least three alien factions, the Khunds, the Thanagarians and the Trillium Collective, are locked in battle against Jor-El, like the Khunds, the Thanagarians, the Trillium Collective. Most troubling of all, they are all following the lead of Rogol. Superman chooses to act immediately and attempts to end the battle without taking a single life. He sets out to destroy weapons, shut down engines and deflect attacks.
He flies to the command ship of every attacking fleet and uses his reputation to bring a temporary end to all hostilities. As the fleets cease fire, Superman and Superboy fly to Jor-El's ship. Knowing they only have a few seconds to spare, the three Els talk in superspeed and Jor-El says that the battle is in fact an assassination attempt on his ship. Fortunately, Superman's arrival has given him the time he needs to escape. Jor-El continues to deflects his son's questions, frustrating Superman to no end.
Their conversation is brought to a sudden halt when Rogol attacks their ship personally. Superman confronts Rogol while Superboy is forced to fight Zod. Jor-El attempts to repair his ship as soon as possible, telling Superman and Superboy to hold on. The battle stars anew and the three galactic empires continue their attack. Fortunately, help arrives in the form of Supergirl and Krypto. The House of El is united once more.
- This book was first published on May 15, 2019.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superman Vol 5 11 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 5 11
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)