Read beyond this point at your own risk!
Appearing in "The Unity Saga: The House of El: The Conclusion, Part One"
- House of El
- House of Zod
- Legion of Super-Heroes (First full appearance)
- Bouncing Boy (First appearance)
- Brainiac 5 (First appearance)
- Chameleon Boy (First appearance)
- Colossal Boy (First appearance)
- Cosmic Boy (First appearance)
- Dawnstar (First appearance)
- Element Lad (First appearance)
- Karate Kid (First appearance)
- Light Lass (First appearance)
- Lightning Lad (First appearance)
- Matter-Eater Lad (First appearance)
- Mon-El (First appearance)
- Phantom Girl (First appearance)
- Princess Projectra (First appearance)
- Saturn Girl (First appearance)
- Shadow Lass (First appearance)
- Star Boy (First appearance)
- Sun Boy (First appearance)
- Timber Wolf (First appearance)
- Triplicate Girl (First appearance)
- Ultra Boy (First appearance)
- Wildfire (First appearance)
- Brainiac 2.0
- Lyrissa Mallor
- A Dominator
- A Durlan
- A Gil'Dishpan
- A Psion
- A Spider Guild
- Trilium Collective (Mentioned only)
- Commander Ro-R-Yden
- United Nations (Mentioned only)
- United Planets (Mentioned only) (Origin)
Synopsis for "The Unity Saga: The House of El: The Conclusion, Part One"
In the present day, the Houses of El and Zod, the last survivors of Krypton, have gathered the largest and most powerful political factions in the galaxy to bring an end to their continuous wars and to discuss an idea that could ensure everlasting peace and safety for people of the galaxy.
Yesterday, at the ruins of Krypton, Jor-El’s ship is surrounded by Rogol Zaar’s forces. General Zod asks Rogol why have they not attacked Jor-El and Rogol says they are waiting for their enemy to make the next move. Coincidentally, Jor-El delivers that same explanation to Superman, who had already demanded an explanation as to why they have traveled to the ruins of Krypton. They don’t have to wait long, however, as Zod quickly realizes Rogol has brought them to Krypton and furiously attacks Rogol. Believing Rogol to have deceived him, Zod grabs Rogol’s power staff and unleashes an energy blast that tears the ship in half, exposing the crew to Kryptonite radiation.
Horrified, Superman attempts to help Zod, but Jor-El says that Zod will do what Superman cannot: kill Rogol and end their problems then and there. Superman insists on help Zod, a fellow Kryptonian, and Jor-El relents, giving his son a special device that will shield him from the Kryptonite radiation for a few seconds. Superman exits the ship and reaches Zod, pulling him away from Rogol, who is adversely affected by Kryptonite. This causes Superman and Zod to realize that Rogol must be a Kryptonian, just like them. Despite being outnumbered, Rogol moves in to attack Superman and Zod, but he is ambushed by the arrival of Superboy, Supergirl and Krypto. The five Kryptonians defeat Rogol and throw him into the remains of Krypton, when suddenly, a Thanagarian ship arrives and Thanagarian soldiers restrain all combatants.
Sometime later, the Els and Zod are released from Thanagarian custody and Superman speaks to Ro-R-Yden, the Thanagarian commander officer. He explains to the Kryptonians that he needs Superman’s help, as the unveiling of all the Circle’s secret activities has pushed the galaxy into the brink of war. Multiple intergalactic factions, like the Khunds, the Green Lanterns, the Red Lanterns, the Trilium Collective and the Tamaraneans, are fighting each other across space. Zod reunites with his family, Ursa and Lor, who confirm that the galaxy is indeed tearing itself apart.
Zod asks Superman what should they do and the Man of Steel replies they must lead by example. Superboy agrees and he has an idea.
Back in the present, the Kryptonians tell the gathered alien factions to cease all hostilities effective immediately. Superboy tells them that Earth has a special body called the United Nations, which functions to maintain peace and stability across the planet, and he believes the galaxy could use a similar system: the United Planets.
Suddenly, a blue light appears in front of the Kryptonians. It is a time portal, and from it emerges the Legion of Super-Heroes. Its members, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy say that, in the 31st century, the current day, August 18th, is celebrated as Unity Day. They have come to the present to ask the creator of the United Planets to join the Legion’s ranks. Superman is reluctant to join, knowing he already has responsibilities in his current era, but the Legionnaires reply they were not talking to Superman. They were talking to Jon, who is celebrated as the creator of the United Planets. They want him to come to the 31st century, much to the House of El’s shock.
- This issue features the first full appearance of the Post-Rebirth incarnation of the Legion of Super-Heroes, following an unnamed silhouette-only cameo in Superboy's vision in Superman (Volume 5) #9.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Superman Vol 5 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superman series
- Images from Superman Vol 5 14
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- The Legion (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 8)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)