"Super Max": Supergirl has managed to calm Superwoman down and neutralize Amos Aimes and taken both to The Scabbard, even though she isn't welcome there anymore. Lana wonders why Amos' reaction to the Red K Neutralizer is slower. Kara explains that Red Kryptonit
- There's so much to consider, especially the faith my friends put in me. That I could never quantify, but it sure does add to the equation. I might be weakened, but I'm ready. Ready to own my powers.
- -- Superwoman
Appearing in "Super Max"
- Red Sun
- Lar-On (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- Shay Veritas (Mentioned only)
- Preceptor Lys Amata (In a photograph only)
- Superboy (In a photograph only)
- Tsavo (In a photograph only)
- Comet (In a photograph only)
- Red Kryptonite
- Kryptonian battlesuit
Synopsis for "Super Max"
Supergirl has managed to calm Superwoman down and neutralize Amos Aimes and taken both to The Scabbard, even though she isn't welcome there anymore. Lana wonders why Amos' reaction to the Red K Neutralizer is slower. Kara explains that Red Kryptonite isn't the transformation's source but the trigger.
Lana feels terrible. She thinks Smallville's townpeople despises her now. She tried to keep her powers under control and she went mad. She now knows part of Clark's powers reside in her now, and her exposure to Red K as growing up increased them. But she needs clear answers. She gets to talk to Amos. But they need to transform him back, so Superwoman dons a Kryptonian battle suit with a Red K neutralizer, and she and Supergirl let Amos go.
Several million light-years away, a red-haired woman has broken into Crucible Academy and put Maxima into stasis. The woman claims her Almeracian compatriot is undeserving of the "Maxima" moniker after rejecting her destiny, and she will take the name back. But first she must wipe all memories of the youngest Maxima from her friend and unrequited crush, Kara Zor-El.
Back on the The Scabbard, Superwoman and Supergirl manage to beat Amos down and turn him back into normal. Back on the lab, medical scans reveal his DNA isn't human anymore. Lana blames for his transformation, but Amos blames himself. He wanted to be Lana's hero, like Superman, so he tried to make himself into a hero with Red Kryptonite. However he realized she was her own hero.
Kara and Lana keep discussing his condition when they are attacked by the adult Maxima. Superwoman and Supergirl fight back but she is a tough adversary. Right then, Maxima teleports in, having tracked the adult Maxima down. The three of them beat the woman down, and she is teleported back to Crucible where she will be trialed.
Over the battle, Kara and Maxima hug each other and Maxima explains that woman was one of her mother's soldiers who went AWOL after Maxima refused to go back Almerac and help repopulate the planet.
The three heroes fly back to The Scabbard to check on Amos. Meanwhile, someone is monitoring Superwoman closely.
- This book was first published on September 13, 2017.
- No special notes.
- Supergirl & Maxima met during the Supergirl: Crucible story arc.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superwoman Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superwoman series
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)