Hailing from 30th century Earth, Sussa was an instrumental part of a campaign by the planet Taltar to have a stronger influence on the United Planets. Sussa was specifically chosen from Earth and was expected to take part in a secretly planned scheme by the female aristocracy for a matriarchal coup.
The Scientists genetically modified her to grow her hair at will to considerable lengths and thave complete control over it, now able to manipulate it as a weapon. Sussa took up the identity of Spider-Girl and applied for the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Sussa messed up the audition, rejected, she disappeared for a time. She was recruited into the Legion of Super-Villains under Tarik the Mute, seeking revenge against the Legion, but the team were defeated.
While on the run she meets with Bounty and Circe who were attempting infiltrate Dominator Pinnacle Command. The group was trapped during the Dominator War on Earth and Sussa joined with them in executing the command.
After the war, Sussa left the planet just before it exploded. Sussa wanted to know what was in the canister before she handed it over, so broke into the Legion Headquarters on Talus and asked them to open the canister.
Sussa began to follow the Legion around because she developed a crush on Ultra Boy. Sussa helped the Legion battle against Mordru and she was labeled a traitor to the United Planets with the rest of the legion when they were framed by Universo.
Sussa went underground with the team, adopting a new look and name Wave, and becoming as official a Legionnaire as she could be.
She remained infaturated with Ultra Boy, but still accepted he was in love with another. She encouraged him to search the time stream for Phantom Girl. Sussa stayed with the team after the Legion cleared their names.
- Prehensile Hair: Sussa Paka can control the movement of her hair as if it were countless thin appendages growing from her head. A psionic field permeates her mutagenically altered hair-cells, causing mutual attraction across the gaps between strands. These relatively small forces operate in conjunction to develop larger forces. Through concentration, she can psionically move her hair in any manner imaginable. She can snap the length of it through the air like a whip, or rotate it in a fan-like manner. She can bind persons or objects with it as if it were rope or use it to lift objects which weigh more than she could lift with her arms. Her scalp, skull, and neck do not support the weight of an object that she lifts: it is held aloft by the psionic force coursing through the hair. Sussa Paka can also perform delicate manipulations with her hair such as lock picking or threading a needle, and such complex acts of coordination as typing or shuffling a deck of cards. Although she has no nerve endings in her hair, she can "feel" sensations on all parts of her hair by a form of mental feedback from her psionic field.
- 47 Appearances of Sussa Paka (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 9 Images featuring Sussa Paka (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Quotations by or about Sussa Paka (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Sussa Paka (Pre-Zero Hour)
Legion of Super-Heroes member
|Legion of Super-Heroes Villain(s)|
This character or group of characters is or was primarily an enemy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from the 31st Century, and may have existed in any of the various Legion continuities, including but not limited to the Original Legion, Reboot Legion, and the Prime Legion. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Legion of Super-Heroes villains" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.