"The Stalker From Beyond": Matt Cable is called back to Washington, D.C. where he is assigned to work with a military task force led by captain Brad Samson. A UFO was sighted near the Louisiana swamps where Cable had begun investigating the Holland murders and his knowledge of the area i
Appearing in "The Stalker From Beyond"
- An unnamed alien (Only appearance; dies)
- Smithers (a government agent) (Single appearance)
- A covert military group
- Capt. Brad Samson (Single appearance)
- O'Reilly (Single appearance)
- Optik (Single appearance)
- Trumbo (Single appearance)
- Twitchett (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Stalker From Beyond"
Matt Cable is called back to Washington, D.C. where he is assigned to work with a military task force led by captain Brad Samson. A UFO was sighted near the Louisiana swamps where Cable had begun investigating the Holland murders and his knowledge of the area is shown to be beneficial to the task force.
Meanwhile, the Swamp Thing has finally made it back to Houma, Louisiana and he arrives at the shack where he had been conducting his experiments. As he enters, he finds that the above-mentioned UFO had moved his space-craft inside the shack so that it could affect repairs. Swamp Thing and the alien briefly fight one another, but the alien overpowers him. He dumps Swamp Thing's body into the swamp.
Samson's team arrives and they find the alien. They slap a pair of hi-tech manacles onto it, and chain it to a tree. But Samson has no intention of following orders and brining it back to base. He intends on killing it.
Swamp Thing arrives, now realizing that the alien was peaceful and only attacked because it perceived Swampy as a threat. Swamp Thing stops Samson from killing the alien. He sets it free and guides it back to its ship.
The alien launches from inside the shack and blasts off into the atmosphere. However, it never completed the necessary repairs to its ship and it soon crashes back down onto the surface.
- This issue is reprinted in Roots of the Swamp Thing #5, DC Special Series #20, Swamp Thing: Dark Genesis and the Secret of the Swamp Thing collection.
- Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #81 is a sequel to this issue, featuring the alien's mate.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Swamp Thing Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Swamp Thing series
- Images from Swamp Thing Vol 1 9
- Swamp Thing Recommended Reading