"The Secret of Slaughter Swamp": Swamp Thing must take on the form of Solomon Grundy, and reveal to a semi-retired superhero named the Black Box the secrets of Slaughter Swamp
Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #155 is an issue of the series Swamp Thing (Volume 2) with a cover date of June, 1995.
Synopsis for "The Secret of Slaughter Swamp"
Swamp Thing must take on the form of Solomon Grundy, and reveal to a semi-retired superhero named the Black Box the secrets of Slaughter Swamp
Appearing in "The Secret of Slaughter Swamp"
- Laurence, the Black Box
- Cyrus Gold (Dies in flashback)
- Michael, son of Laurence (Zombified)
- Black Box
- The Black Box and his feud against Solomon Grundy were obviously based on Green Lantern Alan Scott. He even have a Green Lantern-like oath: "If knowledge is power, then share your wisdom, show me the secrets of the worlds You have visited... the secrets of the Black Box". But instead to wear a ring and a lamp as battery, Black Box wears respectively a staff and a black box.
- The dimension where the story happens seems a parody of the Earth-Two.
- This issue is reprinted in the Swamp Thing: Darker Genesis collection.
- Solomon Grundy was originally a Golden Age character and it was demonstrated there was an Earth-One as well as a Earth-Two version.
- On 9th story page, there are a couple, a young guy named Harold, and an elderly mistress named Maude, who are contempling to commit suicide; They are obvious parodies of the main characters of the 1971 movie "Harold and Maude".
- On this dimension, Slaughter Swamp is mentioned be 13 miles far from Moline, Illinois.
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.