"The Holland Mind": An aspect of the Holland Mind takes the form of a children's cartoon personality, Willie the Crow. It reaches out to a nine-year-old Alec Holland and attempts to explain everything that has happened to his consciousnes
- I am enjoying... being a minimal... thing.
Appearing in "The Holland Mind"
- Swamp Thing (Flashback and main story)
- Linda Holland (Flashback only)
- Jordan Schiller
- Maxwell Ferrett (Flashback only)
- Willie the Crow (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Holland Mind"
An aspect of the Holland Mind takes the form of a children's cartoon personality, Willie the Crow. It reaches out to a nine-year-old Alec Holland and attempts to explain everything that has happened to his consciousness ever since his ordeal with Sargon the Sorcerer and the Great Release. Young Alec experiences visions of his own future wherein he first becomes the Swamp Thing. Young Alec recoils from the vision, and a part of his subconscious knows that this incident represents the most defining characteristic of his entire life. The Swamp Thing however is not prepared to reconstitute his full identity and dismisses these fresh perceptions given to him by the Holland Mind.
- This issue recaps events that originally took place in Swamp Thing (Volume 1) #1.
- This issue makes references to Sargon the Sorcerer and events that took place in Swamp Thing: Bad Seed.
- Willie the Crow is an aspect of the "Holland Mind".
- No trivia.
- Swamp Thing Recommended Reading