Sylvester Pemberton was the hero known as Starman, along side his sidekick Stripesy.
When Sylvester was fifteen, he protected his wealthy parents from criminals. Donning a suit full of stars, he became the "Star-Spangled Kid", and the family chauffeur Pat Dugan became Stripesy. They joined the Justice Society of America, and Sylvester acquired the Cosmic Staff from Ted Knight. He changed his name to Starman.
Pemberton returns at the season finale looking for Pat at his old Hollywood home.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Stargirl and is an adaptation of Sylvester Pemberton/Star-Spangled Kid. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Hal Sherman and first appeared in Star-Spangled Comics #1.
- Starman is played by Joel McHale.
- In the mainstream DC Universe, Sylvester Pemberton was never known as Starman. Instead, he adopted the alias of Skyman when he outgrew the Star-Spangled Kid moniker.
- 13 Appearances of Sylvester Pemberton (Stargirl TV Series)
- 6 Images featuring Sylvester Pemberton (Stargirl TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Sylvester Pemberton (Stargirl TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Sylvester Pemberton (Stargirl TV Series)
Justice Society of America member
|Seven Soldiers of Victory member|
This character is or was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, or the Seven Soldiers in any of its various incarnations, created during World War II and later, it returned to battle time-traveling, dimension-spanning mysteries and monsters.