Taka-Ne was a dictator who demanded tribute and labour from local Kryptonians, but like most strongmen, he was a coward at heart.
Taka-Ne was building a monumental palace in pre-industrial Krypton, with locals forced to quarry and work stone before raising the blocks into ramparts. He was very self-important, and only thought of the health of his subjects as far as it affected their job performance.
Guards kept the locals in-line and inspected them daily before entering the fortress, to ensure that no weapons were smuggled in, as Taka was extremely paranoid — even having headbands searched for weapons. What he didn't realize was that the headbands — once bearing rocks - were the weapons and his guards were quickly subdued. Once confronted by the leader of the little revolution, Rik-Ar, Taka-Ne capitulated immediately so long as he was promised that he would be allowed to escape.
The petty tyrant dressed extravagantly, with furred cloaks, jewellery, and great obnoxious headwear.
- This version of Taka-Ne, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Taka-Ne (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Taka-Ne (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Taka-Ne (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Taka-Ne (Earth-One)