Tala was one of the key members of Project Cadmus.
Her role in the government black ops group was never specifically detailed, although it would be best determined that she was responsible for mystical and magical projects such as attempting to reverse engineer the Annihilator, Hephaestus' living suit of armor made for Ares. While she was portrayed as a project leader, sitting at the conference table, she got trapped in a mirror by the trickery by Felix Faust.
As Lex Luthor took control of the Legion from Grodd, Tala quickly changed positions, swearing allegiance to Luthor and becoming his new groupie.
Tala got fed up with Luthor, as he is consumed with the task of restoring Brainiac, so she went to the imprisoned Grodd and helped him mount an insurrection on Luthor. Lex, however, defeated Grodd and, thanks to a very expensive magic amulet he purchased in case she attacked him with her magic, takes Tala prisoner. She tried to woo her way back into Luthor's good graces, but he revealed that he had other plans for her. Hooking her up to a machine, Lex used Tala as a power conduit to restore Brainiac, but as a final mocking, Tala resurrected Darkseid instead.
- Alchemy: Tala had extensive knowledge of potion making and nearly freed the Annihilator from its only weakness.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Tala. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Neal Adams and first appeared in The Phantom Stranger (Volume 2) #4.
- Tala was voiced by Juliet Landau.
- 8 Appearances of Tala (DCAU)
- 2 Images featuring Tala (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Tala (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Tala (DCAU)
Legion of Doom member
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."