Talia's mother was the daughter of a warlord. She met and secretly married Ra's al Ghul, who was a mercenary at the time. The warlord found out about his daughter's love affair with Ra's and sentenced him to life imprisonment in the Pit. However, the warlord's daughter pleaded that she be sent in his place. She was with child and gave birth to Talia while imprisoned. One day, Talia's mother was killed by some of the inmates of the prison, leaving Talia all alone. A man who was born in the prison as well became her friend and protector, and one day he held off the other prisoners while Talia climbed out of the Pit to freedom. She sought her father and returned to the prison to reunite with her friend. Ra's took them both in and initiated them into the League of Shadows. Talia, following in her father's footsteps, adopted the name Miranda Tate and began working to manipulate Bruce Wayne and destroy Gotham City once and for all.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Nolanverse film series and is an adaptation of Talia al Ghul. The original character was created by Dennis O'Neil and Bob Brown and first appeared in Detective Comics #411.
- Talia al Ghul is played by Marion Cotillard in The Dark Knight Rises. Joey King and Harry Coles play younger versions in flashbacks.
- Talia was originally mentioned in the novelization of Batman Begins, though it was not until The Dark Knight Rises was she actually seen. In the novelization of Batman Begins, it is said she was in Switzerland at the time.
- 1 Appearances of Talia al Ghul (Nolanverse)
- 4 Images featuring Talia al Ghul (Nolanverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Talia al Ghul (Nolanverse)
- Character Gallery: Talia al Ghul (Nolanverse)
League of Assassins member