There have been several deceased Lanterns show up since the relaunch. Most have been in crowd scenes, so I've either ignored it or pretended they were a new member from that race. This issue shows and names two Lanterns specifically: Cherniss and Ghrelk. What do we do? In the story, most of the GL's seen here had been imprisoned and replaced by disguised Durlans. We could say the ones that died were the Durlans possibly. I don't know how long in-universe the replacements have been happening. In real-time, there is no indication in Johns or Tomasi's runs that this was happening. Kyletheobald (talk) 20:23, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Seems to me like they were resurrected by the temporal reboot in Flashpoint - unless they died after that.
- OR all of the resurrected characters are Durlans.
- OR both.
- We could probably ask Jensen and Venditti what the deal is, but that seems like a more than 140 character question. - Hatebunny (talk) 20:34, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
- My assumption is they're going through the Secret Files (or here or comicvine) and picking out random Lanterns to spotlight, which is cool. The problem is, several of them are dead Alpha Lanterns or randoms that were killed in their first appearance in the 80's. Kyletheobald (talk) 20:43, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
- I think my first option covers it, then, don't you? - Hatebunny (talk) 20:44, May 16, 2014 (UTC)