This maybe a loaded question... but does a member of a non-Terrestrial species - Kryptonians - qualify for the African American category based on appearance?
- His alias as the president is African American by occupation, he's gotta be American to be the POTUS and he's resembling a black guy so shouldn't we keep it?
Wow, this makes me laugh I'm Black and British. I am not from Africa or America so just because I resemble the president in skin tone I am an African American by your logic and Superman is a European American?.
Also mate if I moved to America and my kids were born there they still would not be African American either and by American law they would be eligible for the presidency! Delboy26 (talk) 08:14, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
- FWIW, the Presidency thing is a really big side issue - for all we know the intent is that the US of Earth-23 lacks or modified the "must be a natural born citizen to be President" law. But your comment is dead on. At best the ethnicity would be "Kryptonian-American"... and that would be on the silly side of things to add to the article.
- - Byfield (talk) 23:35, August 12, 2012 (UTC)
In the discussion of Superman's powers, there are two places in the text that say "Superman's" but should say "Superman". But apparently they're embedded in some template or other, because I can't actually get to those spots on the ordinary editing screen.
Here's where they are:
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Superman's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of
- Infrared Vision: Superman's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.