@Scar&Hyenas Some 70 years? WW1 historically ended in 1918, this is 66 years later, we don't need to make these generalizations when we have factual information as to these events.
- 66, some 70, same difference. We don't know yet if the entire movie will be in 1984, fwiw. Truth be told I was just too lazy to math when I wrote that. --Tupka217 16:54, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- It was protected to prevent people from adding early trailer information; we tend to do that with all major releases. I'll lift it now that the movie's out, please be cautious of spoilers leaking onto the Wiki Activity page for people who still need to see it. --- Haroldrocks talk 06:59, 25 December 2020 (UTC)
Dolos and Dreamstone
In the movie it's mentioned that Dolos (Greek god of trickery) created that stone and that he has many aliases,among them the name of Duke of Deception. It would not be the case to name it as Dolos,instead of Duke of Deception?? Because in that case Duke of Deception would be another alias.
- I didn't catch the god's name, but if it was Dolos then we should go with that.
- And the Dreamstone was namedropped by Barbara when they were talking with the guru. It wasn't an "official name", but you know how references work in these superhero movies. --- Haroldrocks talk 18:20, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
- I read the movie's transcript just to be sure but Dolos is only said to be one of his names: "Dechalafrea Ero (his Mayan name). The God of Lies, Dolos, Mendacius, Duke of Deception. He’s been called by many names." He is said to have many names in different cultures, I went with the one that we used most for characters, that was Duke of Deception. MatteJohnny (talk) 20:33, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
- If I'm being totally honest, I don't think the god even really need a page. They're not shown (as far as I'm aware), they're just part of the Dreamstone's backstory, and any information relating to them can just go in a DCEU subsection on the Dreamstone page.
- And I trust MatteJohnny's claim about the Dreamstone. I only noticed when Barbara said it. --- Haroldrocks talk 23:50, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
The poster being used is old and showing outdated information about its release. perhaps File:Wonder Woman 1984 December Poster.jpg is a better fit? It is from WW84's Twitter account and is updated. MatteJohnny (talk) 23:02, 18 January 2021 (UTC)