Tanaka Rei was a Japanese man who obtained super-human speed and became a super-hero called the Flash, whom is named after and inspired by Tanaka's idolized comic book hero Barry Allen.
Tanaka did finally meet Barry during the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" when Barry Allen accidentally arrived in Earth-D and helped Tanaka in defeating this universe's Mirror Master. After being acquainted with one another, Tanaka and Barry went to the Justice Alliance of America and, with help from Earth-One's Justice League of America, to mount a defense against the Anti-Monitor's Shadow Demons. Ultimately, the heroes failed to prevent the invasion and inevitable destruction of Earth-D. The heroes decided to completely evacuate Earth's denizens as a last resort, in which they constructed a Cosmic Treadmill to open a portal to Earth-One. The Flashes powered the treadmill until Barry was abducted, which left only Tanaka to power it and bought more time for the evacuation. He along with the Justice Alliance stayed on Earth-D, holding off the Shadow Demons before dying at the mere moments of the end of their universe.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Tanaka concealed his costume inside a pen rather than a ring mainly used by the mainstream Flash.
- 1 Appearances of Tanaka Rei (Earth-D)
- 2 Images featuring Tanaka Rei (Earth-D)
- Quotations by or about Tanaka Rei (Earth-D)
- Character Gallery: Tanaka Rei (Earth-D)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Copy Edit Needed