Tara Markov broke free from Deathstroke and became the powerful Gaia.
Tara's history presumably follows that of her mainline counterpart: she was born the illegitimate daughter of the King of Viktor Markov and his unnamed American mistress but unlike her main counterpart who died trying to kill the Titans after joining them while working as a spy for Deathstroke, the Dark Multiverse Tara regularly participated in missions with the Titans. Also like her main counterpart, Terra had psychological issues including malignant narcissism, believing that they should rule Earth with their powers and be feared rather than help those who needed it.
On the night Dick Grayson gave up being Robin, he spoke to Tara who immediately took his words to heart. She began by rebelling against Deathstroke, eventually killing him before forcing Wintergreen to inject her with the same serum that gave Slade his powers but unlike Slade, Tara easily survived and had her powers greatly strengthened. Now calling herself "Gaia" and viewing herself as a goddess, she changed her costume and attacked the Teen Titans Tower, killing Raven, Starfire, Wonder Girl and Cyborg before leaving while also destroying the building in the process. She then found herself battling against Robin and Kid Flash who attempted to stop her, only for their efforts to be in vain as she was able to overpower them and kill them by impaling them through their chests. Seconds later, Gaia fought Superman and managed to kill him by using kryptonite. With Superman dead, Gaia destabilized Earth's core and successfully destroyed most of the world. She then killed Changeling and with no-one left to stop her, ruled over the broken Earth, forcing those who had survived to live in constant fear of attracting the attention of a God who now treated the Earth as her personal playground.
- Geokinesis: Terra can control and manipulate all forms of rock and earthly substances and materials. Upon augmenting herself using the Serum that augmented Deathstroke's brain to use over 80% percent of his brain capacity, effectively granting Terra God like power over the earth and now allowing her to freely manipulate and control it however she wants. This is seen where she was capable of creating volcanoes, cause gigantic raptures of magma, earth and thermal energy, open giant fissures in the earth to swallow cities and even remotely generate continental fissures and earthquakes capable of leveling and swallowing entire cities across the world and destroy continents. Terra now going by Gaia was even shown to be able to control non-earth terrestrial origin minerals, such as Kryptonite and remotely summon them to her from across the Globe.
- Flight: She uses her ability to rip rock and earth from the ground and use it to fly.
- Elemental Control - Gaia has shown god level power over earth, magma and minerals. As seen where she could freely create volcanic eruptions and explosions appear wherever she wants, manipulate all the earth within the planet and manipulate the shape and form of steel.
- Pyrokinesis - Gaia has shown to be able to manipulate the thermal heat of the planet however she pleases.
- Energy Construct Creation
- 1 Appearances of Tara Markov (Dark Multiverse: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract)
- 5 Images featuring Tara Markov (Dark Multiverse: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract)
- Quotations by or about Tara Markov (Dark Multiverse: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract)
- Character Gallery: Tara Markov (Dark Multiverse: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract)
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."