She became a mercenary, doing dirty work for others such as Deathstroke the Terminator. She joined the Teen Titans, fooling them by staging a battle against Deathstroke. She then operated as a spy for Deathstroke, eventually giving him the information he needed to kidnap the Titans.
Eventually, the captured Titans were held in a stronghold of Deathstroke's contractors, the H.I.V.E. Nightwing and Deathstroke's son, Jericho, raided the complex to rescue them, but were captured. When presented to Deathstroke and the organization in general, Jericho possessed his father and freed the Titans. who then attacked H.I.V.E. Not knowing of Jericho's powers, Terra believed Deathstroke to have turned against her, and thus she went berserk and fatally pulled the whole H.I.V.E. complex down upon herself.
Right before Final Crisis, Geo-Force is seen with Black Lightning, contemplating murdering Deathstroke for making Terra go crazy. Geo-Force gets Deathstroke to the alley where Jericho had his throat slit all those years ago, rendering him unable to speak. Deathstroke defeated Geo-Force but explained that because Brion had Terra's powers now, the psychosis that Terra had was going to settle in on him. Geo-Force refused to believe this and did the only thing he could to stop Deathstroke from taking him over like he did to Terra: he slit his throat, bring back painful memories to Deathstroke. Deathstroke tries to save Brion but Brion stabs him in the stomach with Deathstroke's own sword. In that, Brion believes that he took revenge on Deathstroke for what he did to Terra.
In 1991 another Terra appeared, almost identical to the first as part of the Team Titans from a possible 2001. She was one of three people ostensibly from that future who were not wiped out in Zero Hour. She was told by the Time Trapper that this was because she was not from the future at all, although she destroyed Time Trapper's messenger orb out of panic before the story was finished. Subsequently, she discovered Tara Markov's coffin to be empty.
Further evidence suggested she is the original Terra, but due to her horror at what she did, Geo-Force decided to spare her this knowledge, thinking she would rather not have a past than have that one.
Terra rose from the dead with a power ring as a zombie along with all of the other members of the new Black Lantern Corps during Blackest Night. She appeared at Titans Tower, and considered this her second chance to murder the Titans as she had always wanted to do. Using the resurrected Omen to disguise her grotesque appearance, she nearly seduced Beast Boy before he learned the truth. Going after her former boyfriend first, she explained that she wants what she always wanted... his heart. Although Starfire burnt her to a crisp, she regenerated.
- Geokinesis: Terra can control and manipulate all forms of rock and earthly substances and materials. Unlike her brother who has showed some geokinesis under stress, Terra can fully control the dirt and earth she controls and manipulates. There is no set limit to how far or how close she needs to be to the earth for this power and ability to work. She has been able to be completely off the ground and still control the earth. She has created tremors, earthquakes, sharpen rocks to a needle point, and has control over these elements for as long as she can physically maintain them.
- Black Lantern Ring (Formerly)
- Flight: As a Black Lantern, Terra had true self-propelled flight, rather than her normal rock transport trick.
- Regeneration: Black Lanterns, like Terra, could reconstitute themselves when their bodies were damaged.
- Energy Projection: Terra, unlike most Black Lanterns, was shown firing a blast of black energy from her ring at Halo.
- Earth Flight: Terra can take chunks of solid rock from the ground and levitate them into the air. The strength and speed of this power and ability has not been tested but she has been seen to fly alongside Starfire with relative ease.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- There was a second Terra whose past was largely unknown and vague enough that evidence pointed to the possibility that the two Terras were the same person, albeit with altered memories and personality. This second Terra became close with the original's brother Geo-Force, and he believed in the possibility that the second Terra was actually the original. For many years, the question of whether the second Terra was the original or a truly separate person persisted. However, it was revealed in the Terra miniseries that the second Terra was actually a Stratan who was made to be identical, although this second Terra had shown no signs of recollecting this information.
- Terra was destined to become one of the Chosen but died long before the coming of the "Millennium".
- According to her gravestone, Terra was born in 1968 and died in 1984.
- 76 Appearances of Tara Markov (New Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Tara Markov (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Tara Markov (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tara Markov (New Earth)
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.