"Lights Out (Part I of III) – The New Kid": Speedy returns to Titans Tower for her first full training session with the rest of the team. She uses a cryo-arrow and fires it into Cyborg, temporarily shorting out his systems. She apologizes profusely for the deed, but Cyborg isn't very
- I remember calling him names. Making fun of him as he'd ride off in those police cars. "Doctor Bite". But he's not a... joke anymore.
Appearing in "Lights Out (Part I of III) – The New Kid"
- The Teen Titans
- The JSA
- Metal Men
- The Outsiders
- Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)
- Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance)
- The Elongated Man
- The Flash (Wally West)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
- Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
- The Ray (Ray Terrill)
Synopsis for "Lights Out (Part I of III) – The New Kid"
Speedy returns to Titans Tower for her first full training session with the rest of the team. She uses a cryo-arrow and fires it into Cyborg, temporarily shorting out his systems. She apologizes profusely for the deed, but Cyborg isn't very concerned about it. Speedy is nearly ready to reveal the fact that she is HIV positive, but something comes up.
Dr. Light has taken control of the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia and is holding hostages. A video image detailing the event shows that he has already defeated Green Arrow. Dr. Light, desperate to be taken seriously as a villain once again, demands a final rematch between himself and the Teen Titans – only the Teen Titans.
The Titans get in touch with the Outsiders and the JLA to see if any former members wish to help out. The Flash warns the Titans that Dr. Light is different now, and he is to be taken seriously. But the Titans still remember him as being the incompetent goofball villain who routinely had his butt kicked whenever the Titans were around. The Titans arrive in Philadelphia, and Dr. Light steps out emitting a wide, blinding flash of light.
- This book was first published on February 16, 2005.
- This issue is reprinted in Teen Titans: The Future is Now trade paperback.
- Mia Dearden became the new Speedy in Green Arrow (Volume 3) #45 and joined the Teen Titans in Green Arrow (Volume 3) #46. This is her first appearance in this title.
- The Ray makes a cameo appearance in a piece of archive footage from his last battle with Dr. Light.
- Contains an illustrative group shot of Aqualad, Changeling, Cyborg, Jericho, Kid Flash I, Raven, Speedy I, Starfire, Terra and Wonder Girl I.
- The following characters make cameo appearances on video monitors: Aquagirl, Aquaman, Black Canary II, Elongated Man, Flash I, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Hawkman I, Huntress, Iron, Mercury, Mister Terrific II, Platinum and Stargirl.
- Dr. Light was last seen in the Identity Crisis mini-series, in which it was explained how his inept reputation was actually a deliberate personality alteration perpetuated by select members of the Justice League including Zatanna, Elongated Man, Green Arrow and Hawkman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 3 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
- Images from Teen Titans Vol 3 21
Links and References
- Teen Titans #20 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Teen Titans #20 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Teen Titans (Volume 3) index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Teen Titans article at Wikipedia
- Teen Titans (animated series) index at TV.com
- Titans Tower