"The New Teen Titans, Part 3": The Brain and Monsieur Mallah stand outside a balcony in Paris, France. The Brain fantasizes about soon having a human body. Following which, he swears to gain revenge against his old foes, the [[Doom Patrol (New Earth)|
- You follow my orders like the others and maybe -- maybe one day you won't be a freak anymore. And people will love you like they used to, my starlet.
Synopsis for "The New Teen Titans, Part 3"
The Brain and Monsieur Mallah stand outside a balcony in Paris, France. The Brain fantasizes about soon having a human body. Following which, he swears to gain revenge against his old foes, the Doom Patrol.
Meanwhile, the Doom Patrol and the Teen Titans bring the injured Kid Devil to the Doom Patrol's castle headquarters. The Chief requires complete privacy in his laboratory in order to help Eddie.
Cyborg is anxious to get back on the hunt for the Brotherhood of Evil. Vox opens up a spatial portal, and Larry Trainor sends the Negative Man into it in order to track down the rest of the Brotherhood.
While the Chief operates, the rest of the Teen Titans mingle with the Doom Patrol. Cyborg is shocked to see Vox and Bumblebee in their present conditions. He is even more surprised over the fact that Beast Boy has left the Titans to become part of the Doom Patrol again. Ravager and Wonder Girl continue to bicker over Kid Devil's condition.
In the lab, Elasti-Girl assists the Chief with working on Eddie. The Chief reminds Elasti-Girl that she is a freak, who would have no chance for a normal life without him. Robin sneaks into the laboratory and is disgusted to hear the way the Chief is speaking to her.
Beast Boy goes to the castle study where his stepfather Steve Dayton is using his old Mento helmet to help him write novels. Beast Boy asks Steve to use the helmet to find the Brain's brainwaves, but Dayton feels that his writing is more important.
Kid Devil's operation proves successful and he is sitting up in bed. Robin enters the room and asks him about his alleged telephone conversations with Blue Devil. He reveals that he spoke to Blue Devil himself and discovered that he has not had any contact with Eddie in over two years. Eddie confesses that he lied about keeping in touch with Blue Devil, but is evasive as to the exact reasons why. The Chief enters the room and offers Kid Devil a place on the Doom Patrol.
Before Eddie's future can be decided, Negative Man returns. He is gravely injured and tells Cyborg that the Brotherhood has captured Robotman, Vox and Bumblebee. The Teen Titans race to Paris where they discover that the Brain has completed his operation. He has displaced his brain inside of a cloned human body.
Appearing in "The New Teen Titans, Part 3"
- This issue is reprinted in the Teen Titans: Titans Around the World trade paperback.
- This is the first mainstream DC issue to suggest a homosexual relationship between the Brain and Monsieur Mallah, though they were outed way back in Doom Patrol (Vol. 2) #34.
- More details involving Vox's current condition are revealed in this issue.
- The tagline for this issue is "Doom Patrol".
- Steve Dayton names his series of novels, "My Greatest Adventure". My Greatest Adventure is also the name of the comic book series that first introduced the Doom Patrol.
- Steve Dayton is dressed in a variation of his classic costume from his original Doom Patrol days.
- Teen Titans Recommended Reading
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2)
- Tales of the New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Team Titans (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans (Volume 2)
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- Teen Titans (Volume 4)
- Teen Titans (Volume 5)
- Teen Titans Spotlight (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans Go! (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans: Year One (Volume 1)
- Titans (Volume 1)
- Titans (Volume 2)
Links and References
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.