"The New Teen Titans, Part 4": In Paris, France, the Teen Titans fight up against the Brotherhood of Evil in an effort to rescue the captured members of the Doom Patrol. Wonder Girl and Ravager charge towards the
- It's all right, Mallah. We will find a way to be together. And they will keep calling us evil. Let them call us names. Let them condemn us. They do not understand what we share, and therefore they will forever fear us.
Appearing in "The New Teen Titans, Part 4"
- Teen Titans
- Electric Blu (Mentioned only)
- Human Cannon (Mentioned only)
- Negative Girl (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "The New Teen Titans, Part 4"
In Paris, France, the Teen Titans fight up against the Brotherhood of Evil in an effort to rescue the captured members of the Doom Patrol. Wonder Girl and Ravager charge towards the Brain (now inhabiting a cloned human body), but the Brain repels them with a blast from an energy-gun.
Suddenly Elasti-Girl bursts up through the ground beneath them, sending the Brotherhood members scattering. Warp begins teleporting all over the scene regrouping his teammates. Robotman begins beating on Plasmus and Wonder Girl wraps Gemini up in her lasso.
The Brain reveals that Niles Caulder was responsible for the accident that destroyed his human body. He claims that he was once Cauldrer's assistant, but Niles grew jealous of the Brain's work with evolutionary study and arranged for an accident that destroyed his body.
Suddenly, the Brain's cloned body begins to degenerate. Mallah grabs him, and races away, climbing high atop the Eiffel Tower. Before the Brain's body completely fails, Mallah tears his head off, placing it back into its original steel casing. They manage to elude capture, and retreat back to a safe location.
With the Brain and Mallah missing, the Titans round up the remaining members of the Brotherhood and return to Doom Patrol headquarters. Kid Devil is recuperating well from his injuries, and is up and walking around. Niles Caulder offers him a place on the team, citing that the Doom Patrol is the only group that will ever truly accept him. He further insinuates that the Titans don't even like him. Suddenly, Steve Dayton walks into the room. He has removed the Mento Helmet and is thinking clearly once again. He tells Caulder that he is no longer leading the Doom Patrol and warns him about speaking ill of Elasti-Girl and Beast Boy.
The Titans return to Titans Tower. Cyborg watches a security monitor from the past year, showing various Titans, old and new, pouring out their hearts to him.
Wonder Girl goes into the basement where she finds Robin. Tim has continued his work on trying to clone Conner, but failing at every turn. Cassie realizes that Tim agreed to go on the mission to fight the Brain, because he hoped that the Brain's work with cloning could be used to resurrect Conner. In a moment of emotional discord, Robin and Wonder Girl kiss each other. Wonder Girl awkwardly breaks away from him and flies out of the tower.
- This issue is reprinted in the Teen Titans: Titans Around the World trade paperback.
- Miss Martian appears next in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #39
- Zachary Zatara's appearance in this issue takes place prior to his appearance in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #34. He appears next in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #39.
- This is the first Post-Infinite Crisis issue of the series that does not have the "1 Year Later" banner on the cover.
- The origin of the Brain is revealed in this issue. The Brain reveals that Robotman's steel body was originally designed for him, not Cliff Steele. As the story is told from the Brain's point of view, its validity is suspect.
- The Brain makes reference to three other characters whose lives were ruined by Niles Caulder; the Human Cannon, Negative Girl and Electric Blu. To date, none of these characters have yet to be make an actual appearance.
- Superboy (Kon-El) died in Infinite Crisis #6. Wonder Girl tried to resurrect him by way of an Earth-based Kryptonian cult in the pages of 52.
- The tagline for this issue is "Hell Hath No Fury... Like Kid Devil!"
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 3 37 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
- Images from Teen Titans Vol 3 37
- Teen Titans Recommended Reading
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- New Teen Titans (Volume 2)
- Tales of the New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Team Titans (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans (Volume 2)
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- Teen Titans (Volume 4)
- Teen Titans (Volume 5)
- Teen Titans Spotlight (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans Go! (Volume 1)
- Teen Titans: Year One (Volume 1)
- Titans (Volume 1)
- Titans (Volume 2)
Links and References
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.