"Who Is Wonderdog?": Wendy and Marvin re-evaluate their association with the Teen Titans. Wendy in particular, feels that she has become little more than just a perpetual victim in need of constant rescuing. Marvin is a little more optimistic than his sister, and tries to convince her that the T
- Did she just... dress the dog?
- — Wendy
Appearing in "Who Is Wonderdog?"
- Lycus (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Who Is Wonderdog?"
Wendy and Marvin re-evaluate their association with the Teen Titans. Wendy in particular, feels that she has become little more than just a perpetual victim in need of constant rescuing. Marvin is a little more optimistic than his sister, and tries to convince her that the Titans may still yet have a use for them.
Oddly, Wendy finds a dog sniffing around the outside of the tower. She has no idea how it could have crossed the bay to arrive here, but invites it inside nonetheless. The dog takes an instant liking to Wendy. The other Titans converge in the kitchen to see the animal. Miss Martian makes a sudden appearance and greets the dog. She even provides him with a green cape and bestows upon him the sobriquet of "Wonderdog". Afterwards however, she tells her teammates that she needs to take some time off from the group in order to resolve some personal issues.
In the residence hall, Robin is having difficulty dealing with some personal experiences as well. He tells Cassie that his former girlfriend Spoiler, whom he believed to be dead, suddenly returned to Gotham City.
That evening, a tremendous rainstorm pounds away at Titans Tower. Wendy has a brief conversation with Red Devil who bolsters her self-esteem and convinces her of how valuable the twins are to the team. Deciding that they should stay after all, she seeks out her brother. As Wendy enters his room however, she finds that Wonderdog has transformed into a hideous monster and has savagely torn out her brother's throat. The beast turns and chases after Wendy. She tries to flee into another room, but Wonderdog corners her.
Later, Wonderdog leaves the tower and returns to the arms of his true master.
- This issue shipped on August 27th, 2008.
- Miss Martian quits the team with this issue.
- Behind the scenes appearance by Donna Troy (on a telephone call with Cyborg).
- The title "Who Is Wonderdog?" is a play on the old "Who is Wonder Girl/Donna Troy?" story-arcs that appeared in various issues of the New Teen Titans, New Titans and Titans titles.
- Wonderdog, as he is presented in this issue, is a re-interpretation of a character introduced in the 1973 Super Friends animated series.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Teen Titans Vol 3 62 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Teen Titans series
- Images from Teen Titans Vol 3 62
Links and References
- Teen Titans (Volume 3) index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Teen Titans article at Wikipedia
- Teen Titans (animated series) index at TV.com
- Titans Tower