The Hooded Hangman was an enemy of Batman.
Telman Davies was a newscaster on a local television channel in Gotham City. He decided to adopt the masked identity of the Hooded Hangman as a way to become the number one masked fighter. He became a member of a wrestling company in order to test his mettle. His fighting techniques were not entirely legal, but he always managed to defeat his opponents. Eventually, he tried to defeat Batman by luring him into apparent crimes. On two occasions, Batman was almost defeated, but Telman never finished the fight. After this, there was a third encounter and both fighters agreed to unmask the loser of the fight. Batman was knocked down first and Telman removed the cowl, but was shocked to see his own face. Batman had disguised himself as Telman after deducing the Hooded Hangman's identity and as Telman was left in shock, Batman seized the opportunity to defeat Telman and expose him to the public. Defeated and with his secret no longer safe, Telman lost his job at the television channel and he went on a ship away from Gotham, towards South America.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Telman Davies (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Telman Davies (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Telman Davies (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Telman Davies (New Earth)