Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- I will save this world. Whether it remembers me as its greatest hero or its darkest villain.
- — Mister 08 src
A government research scientist before his planet was attacked by Steppenwolf, Sloan found himself on the front lines of the war, using the identity "Mister 08", the Eighth Wonder of the World. However, while researching avenues of counter-attack, he received visions of the future. Acting to prevent these visions during his final mission, he blew up an alien device, destroying four nations.
Going AWOL, nothing is known of his actions from then on, except that he was apparently preparing for the onset of a new age of wonders. When Mister Terrific, a superhero from another world, landed in Manhattan, Sloan was there to kidnap him to prevent his vision from coming through.
During the attack on Washington D.C. by Grundy, he was seen at the central command center of the World Army apparently hired by the World Council as an adviser. Terry Sloan advised that 3 nuclear warheads be dropped on Washington in the hope of destroying Grundy. Despite objections from Commander Kahn the nuclear devices were deployed. Although the nuclear warheads were later thrown into outer space by Green Lantern, the destructive nature of Sloan has put him at odds with Commander Kahn.
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Level Intellect: Claims to be the smartest man on Earth 2. His claim is most likely true as he was able to outsmart and subdue Mr. Terrific just moments after he arrived on Earth 2 by taking control of his T-Spheres and turning them against Holt. Furthermore he was able to finish the construction of Red Tornado when even the whole of World Army's top scientists could not.
- Gadgetry: Sloan creates and deploys equipment of his own design. His most used gadget is a pair of gloves that release a cloud of nanites capable of taking over technology, the nanites were even capable of taking over the T-Spheres. His other technological achievements are the MR-08 battlesuit capable of sustained flight and numerous other energy weapons.
- Terry Sloane was created in 1942 by Charles Reizenstein and Harold Wilson Sharp, first appearing in Sensation Comics #1. In 2011, DC relaunched its line of comics and rebooted their universe's timeline. The character was heavily revamped by James Robinson and Nicola Scott for Earth 2 (Volume 1). This is the version of the character that began with their run.
- As a result of the events of Earth 2: Futures End, it is revealed that this character is not a native of either Earth 2 or Prime Earth. While a Prime Earth version of Terrence Sloan exists, the version on Earth 2 does not play the same role as he is believed to, or else does not exist at all. The reality of this character, as a result, is unknown.
- 43 Appearances of Terrence Sloan (Earth 2)
- 2 Images featuring Terrence Sloan (Earth 2)
- 4 Quotations by or about Terrence Sloan (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Terrence Sloan (Earth 2)
Justice Society of America member
World Army member
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.