Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
At the beginning of time the Multiverse was born, this was a collection of 52 universes that were separated by a wall at the end of each universe called the Source Wall. At the center of this multiverse was the Sphere of the Gods, this was where the Old Gods came into existence and where they would make their home. Tezcatlipoca was one of these gods, birthed from Ometeotl the original creator in the Aztec Pantheon. Over endless time the multiverse would die and be reborn, each time this cycle occurred Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl would switch roles with each other, one being the creator while the other would be the destroyer.
In the current timeline Tezcatlipoca played the role of the destroyer and the Shadow God. In this timeline Tezcatlipoca would strike down Quetzalcoatl winning the timeline, however Quetzalcoatl left a portion of his power in the form of a helmet to the mortals. This helmet would be donned by a mortal who would attempt to battle the Shadow God until they died, upon death the helmet would seek out a new wearer to be crowned Quetzalcoatl's champion Aztek. In the modern day the helmet was passed down to Nayeli Constant after Tezcatlipoca killed the previous wielder Uno.
- Godly Physiology
- Cosmic Awareness: Tezcatlipoca is aware of the grand scale of the multiverse and all its happenings.
- Godly Strength: Tezcatlipoca possesses immeasurable strength. Wonder Woman, one of the most powerful beings on Earth 0, was no match for the shadow god's infinite strength.
- Immortality: Due to his old god status Tezcatlipoca will never age in the same way mortals do.
- Invulnerability: Tezcatlipoca was completely unaffected by any punch Wonder Woman threw at him.
- Macuahuitl: A Macuahuitl was a melee weapon commonly used by Aztec warriors around the time of the Spanish Conquests. It consisted of a wooden club with small obsidian blades embedded in its sides. Tezcatlipoca utilizes a far bigger version then the Aztecs did due to his large size.
- Tezcatlipoca was adapted by Dan Mishkin and Don Heck, first appearing in Wonder Woman #314. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Tezcatlipoca first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #52 by Steve Orlando and ACO.
- This character is an adaptation of Tezcatlipoca, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 2 Appearances of Tezcatlipoca (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Tezcatlipoca (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Tezcatlipoca (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tezcatlipoca (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."