"My Life in Miniature, Part I of VI: Indivisible": 100 Days from Now: The Waiting has successfully waged a war on Earth. Approximately 1.2 billion "sentients" were killed, the subatomic bombs have destroyed every major city and the telepathic missiles are keeping resistence to a minim
- I am going to die here, and they'll probably just vacuum up my corpse!
- -- Ryan Choi
Appearing in "My Life in Miniature, Part I of VI: Indivisible"
- Dean Mayland
- Mister Choi (Flashback only)
- Lighter Than Air Society (First appearance)
- Copernicus the Dog (First appearance)
- Taxicab driver
- Justice League of America (alternate future)
- Amanda Turner (First appearance)
- Erik Chow (Single appearance) (Flashback only)
- South Dakota (alternate future)
- Mount Rushmore (alternate future)
- Hong Kong (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "My Life in Miniature, Part I of VI: Indivisible"
100 Days from Now: The Waiting has successfully waged a war on Earth. Approximately 1.2 billion "sentients" were killed, the subatomic bombs have destroyed every major city and the telepathic missiles are keeping resistence to a minimum. While five captured members of the JLA watch, the Waiting reshape Mount Rushmore to the Waiting's likenesses.
10 Days Ago: Ivy University Professor Edwin Katz hurriedly leaves his house only to find a pack of seemingly domesticated dogs waiting for him on the lawn. He runs but they catch and kill him.
14 Years Ago: Ryan Choi, and several other students, are dismissed from a martial arts class after failing to pay attention to the teacher. Two students pretend they are martial art movie stars and Ryan pretends he is the inventor of the rocket...which prompts the others to knock him down and call him "weird." Ryan's father arrives praising his weirdness as the source of his future greatness.
The Present: Ryan is dropped off at Ivy Town University by a cab driver who says, "Bleed Nun Artifice." Before Ryan can inquire further, Dean Mayland arrives and takes Ryan on a tour lamenting on Ryan's youth and youthful appearance. The Dean has set Ryan up in Ray Palmer's old position, office and house at Ryan's insistence cautioning Ryan against pursuing Ray's other career (i.e. superheroics). Dean Mayland introduces Ryan to Panda Potter, Ryan's new housemate while two smitten female students watch. Panda takes Ryan to their shared house and helps him unpack then invites him to join the Lighter Than Air Society and join in on their poker game. Ryan meets the other members of the LTAS amd learns of the late Edwin Katz. Ryan races back home realizing that a needle that stuck in his shoe earlier may be the key to finding a microscopic message left for him by Ray Palmer (which he'd been expecting to find). He finds a message "Inflict A Beer Nude" scratched into the needle and solves it as an anagram, "under file cabinet." Moving the file cabinet, Ryan finds the Atom's Bio-Belt. He activates it and shrinks inside his own shirt. He works his way free and realizes he has dropped the belt and must find it in order to return to normal size. After overcoming a few obstacles, including escaping a rat, Ryan gets the belt and returns to normal. He immediately takes the belt to the LTAS where they spend 5 hours examining the belt. Ryan and Panda return home unaware that a dog is camping outside and has several small, plotting voices eminating from its fur.
- This book was first published on July 5, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in The All-New Atom: My Life in Miniature trade paperback.
- Writer Grant Morrison is given credit for concept and development of the The All-New Atom.
- The Atom appeared first in the promotional anthology Brave New World #1, however his appearance in this issue takes place prior to events chronicled in his story there.
- This is the earliest chronological appearance for Ryan Choi to date, primarily in flashback.
- The anagram mentioned by the taxi driver is never mentioned again though the solution is also, most likely, "Under File Cabinet".
- The taxicab driver who speaks gibberish to Ryan is later revealed to be Chronos, the time thief.
- Pilgrims are seen popping up throughout this storyline. The first one can be found on page 9 of this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The All-New Atom Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The All-New Atom series
- Images from The All-New Atom Vol 1 1
- Atom Recommended Reading