""The Man Who Swallowed Eternity (Part I of II) - The Energy of the Universe is Constant"": Dean Mayland is sitting at home watching a television series called Star Hunters when he receives a telephone call. The call is from Dwarfstar who is trapped at subatomic size. Mayland chides Dwarfsta
- Okay... you're a green guy. It's that kind of night, I guess.
- — The Atom
Appearing in "The Man Who Swallowed Eternity (Part I of II) - The Energy of the Universe is Constant"
- Dean Mayland
- Ryak the Rogue
- Jeb (Only appearance; dies)
- Red (Only appearance; dies)
- Zeke (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Man Who Swallowed Eternity (Part I of II) - The Energy of the Universe is Constant"
Dean Mayland is sitting at home watching a television series called Star Hunters when he receives a telephone call. The call is from Dwarfstar who is trapped at subatomic size. Mayland chides Dwarfstar for his failure to defeat Ryan Choi, and alludes to the idea that he is not even entirely human. He continues to insult Dwarfstar, and even compares him to a Circus Peanut before eventually hanging up on him.
Back at Ryan's place, Ryan and Panda entertain the disembodied Head of the waiting by exposing him to American television. The Head is enraptured by what he sees and declares, "This television is have being the greatest invention of all time".
As if Ryan's life could not possibly get even stranger, he is surprised to discover that three cowboys have burst through his front door in an effort to capture him. He quickly changes into the Atom and flies out of the house surfing atop the Bangstick. The cowboys give chase, and tangle with him in the middle of the street.
Before long, a large green alien named Ryak the Rogue appears and kills the three cowboys. He explains that he had originally sent the cowboys as his emissaries to warn the Atom about a pending emergency, but apparently, the galloping gunmen had their priorities confused. Ryak tells Atom to beware of someone named Professor Hyatt, and that under no circumstances is he to offer him any aid. Hyatt is guilty of negligently tampering with the time stream. Because of this, he has earned Ryak's ire, along with that of the rest of the Linear Men. The Atom takes Ryak's warning to heart and returns home.
The next day at school, Ryan has an awkward encounter with Doris Zuel. She apologizes for snacking on him while under the mental control of M'nagalah, and Ryan reluctantly forgives her. He leaves Zuel for his office where he finds exactly one-half of a man standing in the corner waiting for him. This man is Professor Hyatt.
- This issue is reprinted in The All-New Atom: Future/Past trade paperback.
- This issue shipped on January 3rd, 2007.
- This issue includes cameo flashback images of the following characters from The All-New Atom #5-6:
- One of the various quotations peppered throughout this issue is attributed to a member of the Kryptonian Science Council.
- Issue includes DC Nation editorial #42 by Dan DiDio.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The All-New Atom Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The All-New Atom series
- Images from The All-New Atom Vol 1 7
- Atom Recommended Reading