"Revolt of the Atom's Uniform!": One day, Ray Palmer's costume developed a life of its own. It forced him to shrink down in size and travel across Ivy Town and collect different rocks. The Atom stole one rock on display in a museum (that was being robbed) and s
- Oh, that mysterious force has taken hold of me again! it's treating me as if I were a puppet -- pulling the strings to make me pick up this piece of mineral.
- — The Atom
Appearing in "Revolt of the Atom's Uniform!"
- Battling Bob Barnett (Single appearance)
- White Dwarf Star Fragments (Origin)
- Museum Thieves
- Ivy Town Police
- 1960 Corvette (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Revolt of the Atom's Uniform!"
One day, Ray Palmer's costume developed a life of its own. It forced him to shrink down in size and travel across Ivy Town and collect different rocks. The Atom stole one rock on display in a museum (that was being robbed) and stole a paperweight of a renown boxer. Ray was shocked when he was taken to a large White Dwarf Star Fragment, which spoke to him.
The sentient chunk of White Dwarf Star (which his costume and shrinking device was devised from), wanted to be reconstituted and assume its full power. When Ray refused to help, the White Dwarf Star forced his costume off him and sent him running -- stuck at 6 inches high. Ray made his way back to his lab and concocted a device, using an infrared lens which deactivated the White Dwarf's control over his costume. Ray then blew up the chunk of White Dwarf Star and scattered it in pieces no bigger than a marble; dispelling its intelligence.
Safe from the White Dwarf Star puppetmaster, Ray reactivated his costume and returned to normal size.
- No special notes.
- While the infrared light has been made visible for dramatic effect in The Atom's device; Infrared is not visible and the filters used are opaque to visible light; made out of exotic materials like Germanium or Silicon; and appear black or dark red.
- Discuss The Atom Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Atom series
- Images from The Atom Vol 1 14
- Atom Recommended Reading