"Blood Brothers": With The Carrier back in The Bleed, The Engineer asks what's to be done about Ken's body when Midnighter shows up and touches Ken's body which disintegrates it. He then unceremoniously vacuums up the remains with a dust-buster and jettisons the urn out into The Bleed.
- Eaten. You did say eaten?: Jenny Quarx
- Actually, the word she used was devour--: The Doctor
Appearing in "Blood Brothers"
- Ken (Appears only as a corpse)
Synopsis for "Blood Brothers"
With The Carrier back in The Bleed, The Engineer asks what's to be done about Ken's body when Midnighter shows up and touches Ken's body which disintegrates it. He then unceremoniously vacuums up the remains with a dust-buster and jettisons the urn out into The Bleed.
Angie is torn up about Ken's death because she's afraid they killed everyone on the planet with what they did (which they did). But Jack tells her not to think about it.
Meanwhile, out in The Bleed, a gigantic creature is feeding on some smaller squid-like life forms.
Apollo, Midnighter, and Swift are in the workout room discussing their predicament. Despite having power again, The Carrier still seems to be trapped in The Bleed. Swift is aggravated because she says they've had The Carrier for so long and still know very little about it or how it works. She blames their dilemma on their lack of knowledge.
Suddenly, a swarm of the smaller squid-like lifeforms shown earlier attack The Carrier and begin eating it. Angie relays to the others that whatever these creatures are, The Carrier is afraid of them.
Apollo decides to suit up and fly out into The Bleed and attack these creatures. He takes out several of the creatures but they infiltrate The Carrier anyway. As the rest of The Authority head out to intercept the intruders, Jenny tells Angie to stay behind and stay linked with The Carrier.
Angie guides Swift deep into The Carrier until she comes face to face with a large creature. Swift strikes it and thousands of smaller creatures burst from its stomach. The Authority try their best to stem the infestation but it's too overwhelming. Jenny calls a strategic retreat and everyone regroups at the command center. Reluctantly, the team decides that the only way to survive is to abandon The Carrier.
- When The Engineer is watching T.V. with a drink in her hand, there is an image of Harley Quinn on the screen.
- The Doctor makes a reference to the Tribbles from Star Trek franchise in relating to the invading creatures.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss The Authority: The Lost Year Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Authority: The Lost Year series
- Images from The Authority: The Lost Year Vol 1 5