"No Laughing Matter": The Authority are on an Earth where they have encountered a more "light-hearted" version of themselves. They are about to engage a group of villains called The League of Nasty Bastards when their leader, Emperor Maximus, calls for a time out.
- I am the magnificent Emperor Maximus--leader of the League of Nasty Bastards--and I never joke!: Emperor Maximus
- Well, maybe once in a while'...y'know, when I've had a few drinks and I'm feeling a little giddy--BUT I'M NOT JOKING NOW!: Emperor Maximus
Appearing in "No Laughing Matter"
- Alternate Authority
- League of Nasty Bastards
- Dung Beetle
- Emperor Maximus
- Frosty Fairy
- Hot Chick
- The Narcissist
- Obsesso, The Terrible
Synopsis for "No Laughing Matter"
The Authority are on an Earth where they have encountered a more "light-hearted" version of themselves. They are about to engage a group of villains called The League of Nasty Bastards when their leader, Emperor Maximus, calls for a time out.
The three teams bicker amongst themselves until finally, the mainstream Midnighter gets fed up and punches Emperor Maximus out of the Carrier, seemingly killing him. The rest of The League of Nasty Bastards engage both Authorities in a fight. After a long drawn out battle, the mainstream Authority finally manage to get the Shift-Doors working and escape back to their Carrier. They then proceed back into the Bleed as they continue their search for their Earth.
Back on the alternate Earth, the alternate Authority have defeat the League of Nasty Bastards until being encounter again by a still alive (but badly hurt) Maximus who brought reinforcements from Obsesso, The Terrible. However, a very agitated Jenny Quantum angrily tells them to leave in which they immediately complied as recommended by The Doctor. Giving them a chance to come back next time in a month or so.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss The Authority: The Lost Year Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the The Authority: The Lost Year series
- Images from The Authority: The Lost Year Vol 1 9